iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my sweet wife

Started by tnlogger, February 17, 2005, 12:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnlogger

My wife is the most unselfish woman i have ever met. After 32 yrs together she still amaze's me.
Last wk a freind of ours got a call in the middle of the nite and had three great grand children droped on her door step by the state. It seams her granddaughter left them alone so she could go buy drugs. well she called pat in tears not knowing what to do/
willie rea is 65yrs old and the children are 4wks,2yrs, and 7yrs old. they droped them off with no clothes milk or pampers. Now i'll tell you in the 32yrs we have been togather i have never seen my wife so mad. she got dressed drove over there calmed willie rea down and the headed for the only thing open in town Waly world. She bought what was needed to get by the night and then even though it was after midnite started calling and waking up everyone she could think of to help out them children. In three days and who knows how many tanks of gas she had everything from milk to cribs and clothes delivered and set up. she even went to court to make shore that the
children were treated right.
  i am thankful to be blessed with such an unselfish partner as this.        gene

gene

Frank_Pender

Thank your wife for me Tn.  Your post helps make the day better around here.
Frank Pender

ronwood

tnlogger,

Wonderful to hear about your wife. Please keep us updated on how the children are doing.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

sandmar

Give her a hug for me............she makes me want to be a more thoughtful person

Sandmar

Fla._Deadheader

You sir, have a wonderful wife. Thank her for us also.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Shotgun

Gene,

Thanks for the post.  Sorry to hear about things like that going on, but happy to hear that there are people like your wife that can and will deal with it.  Keep us posted.

Norm              smiley_peace
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

May God Bless your wife for helping.   Sounds like she has a big heart.  Thank her for helping. It always makes someone feel loved and appreciated when you step in and help.

Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Roxie

There are Angels among us. 
Say when

Patty

May God Bless your wife, and those poor little kids. I hope all goes well for them.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ernie

Think of how much better off the world would be if there were more poeple like your dear wife.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Frickman

Bless your wife's heart for what she did. Those kids might be having a hard time, but they are real lucky your wife got involved.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Tom

Thanks for helping the kids.  There is nothing more dear or helpless as a little child. Your wife is an angel, a caring neighbor and obviously one the worlds great mothers.  :)

Bibbyman

Dittos.

But the mother and FATHER of the children need help too.  I'm at a loss to how I can put it into words that Jeff won't find offensive so I'll just not say no more.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Texas Ranger

Yep,  you got a fine wife there, and probably she picked a pretty good ol' man, as well.

But, somewhere, there is a mother to these children, and a father, or fathers, that need their butts whipped.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

tnlogger

Heres a small update
pat stopped home on her way from work to check on the kids again. I showed her this
post well all i can say is she sort of sniffed a couple times. She said to thank you all for the good words and to tell that the kids a doing fine now but thst the olldest one still
misses her mom. otherwise then that there doing fine.
this place has been like a UPS center today. i think everyone she called called 10 others
and its been a steady stream of stuff coming in.
bibbyman theres only the mother sad to say. she goes to court tommow about this and pats taking off work to be there and put her 2cents in. Pat is very good friends with the
judge . she's trying to get the kids mom to get into a rehabe program. i shore hope so because children need to be with thier parants .
and yes i did give her a big for you alll. i'll keep you informed as i here it thanks gene
gene

bberry

After teaching high school shop classes for 25 years and watched kids screwed up by drug eating parents before and after birth. I wonder about them being exposed to further abuse. They do need parents but often their biological parents will never be fit to be parents. The courts will get them to promise to be good but I have seen them laugh about this process. They can't get away from their "friends". Get the kids away and keep them as far away as you can. Courts and people who care need to break the cycle. Even a short exposure to the drug culture can have devastating consequences to their futures. They need positive role models like sawmillers, wood workers, and people smoking stuff in a smoke house. I come from a very large old family and some of them have been and are heroin addicts and worse. Never worked a day in their lives and because they were disabled by drink and drugs they were given disability from social security. And what really is infuriating is it's more that my retirement! And they get free 100% medical! Should the working class have to pay this and then take away from those who truely need social security in the future. I am compassionate to a point but the sooner they take a dirt nap the better for kids and everyone else!

etat

Tell your it's a great thing  what she did for them kids.  She's a wonderful woman. 
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

SW_IOWA_SAWYER

My wife and I are taking a class to become foster parents, it is heart breaking to hear what these poor kids have to be subjected to. It is so sad how these rotten no good folks treat thier own kids. And they just keep having more and more and more. It is nice to see that some people still care.
I owe I owe so its off to work I go....

fstedy

You're wife is the kind of person that makes this country a better place. It's to bad the childrens own parents aren't as charitable. One on One compassion goes a lot further than the so called big charitys such as United Way where the donations get eaten up by lavish upfront costs. Once again you're wife is to be commended commitment to the less fortunate.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

rebocardo

> watched kids screwed up by drug eating parents before and after birth.

My mother worked as a GED teacher at a college in MA and she asked some of the women/girls why they had so many kids when they were homeless and on welfare. Many answered it was so they could get the extra state/federal money and spend it on more drugs. Plus, they made $1200+ in government checks (1990) per month (not counting food stamps and such) and that was more then my mother was making as a 30 hours per week teacher  ::)

imo, The only way to break a drug cycle is bring them up to a barren boot camp (forget prison - too many drugs there) with no phone, mail, TV, electric, with the only modern thing being plumbing. Preach to them and work them until they are too tired to do anything at night except to sleep. A drug addict is just too weak and helpless to resist drugs on their own and you have to remove them from their enviroment. Otherwise, most will never escape and they bring down everyone around them too.

I would consider that the compassionate cure part and not the punishment part.

bberry

I agree 100%. They are weak. I visited a cousin in prison once and he sat around most of the time strummin his guitar and watching color tv.He had plenty of pot in there too. I went home to my wife and two little ones wondering why a scumbag thief druggy could watch color tv and my babies couldn't. I couldn't provide a color tv after teaching for several years but the state could for inmates. Rise up workers and vote caps on everything. The government is abusing us workers for the sake of the bums! The abuse of the ss and disability thing is rampant here in Maine. The bums are dragging the whole system down and it's nationwide!

Ernie

Too soft too soft too soft.  Here in beautiful downtown New Zealand, the crims in prison are suing the government for compensation if they are spoken harshly to or are forced to eat the same meal three times a day and they are WINNING and winning big $$$$.  Hardened crims are given home detention with an ankle bracelet as the security feature but the buggers have no way to track them if they leave home, all they know is that they've gone.  New Zealand is one of the most beautiful countries in the world but it is going down hill fast thanks to our PC pinko government.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ironwood

Great post on your wife's doins. We all can contribute to better world in many ways. Each according to our means and abilities. Just do good works out there we all have something to offer and pass along. ;)

REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

FiremanEd

God bless your wife, and her husband. You're both great folks to be doing what you're doing. As someone above said, "There are angels among us", Amen.
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

tnlogger

just heard from pat shes over where the children are and called to let me know what happened in court today.
The childrens mother was covicted on the drug charges. one years probation with the stipulation that she does drug rehab and counsuling, passes a drug test every week.
she is able to have one supervised visit with the chikdren for 2hrs each weekend.
To top it all off  willie rea the greatgrandmother has to take foster care classes in order to get help from the state for the children.
looks like pat will be doing a lot of baby sitting untill the classes are down.
Just one more example of our justice system at work. Now the kids are doing great
pats says they dont even seam to miss their mother not being around.
gene

Thank You Sponsors!