iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK - Maybe getting a bit silly now?

Started by sigidi, February 17, 2005, 07:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigidi

Allrighty then...

now in the spirit of gleaning every last board I can from my on hand supply of logs, I thought it only wise of me to cut out what I could....

and for the top/plan view...

now when ya see the boards that came off they are a pit plain looking...

but once ya chuck a bit of water on 'em, take a looky at that...

WHOOPEEE 8) They just look sooooo sweet :D ;D

Now I know y'all asking, just what fantastic project are ya goin to use such gorgeous boards on, right?

The floor for a new toolshed!!!

Wifey isn't too happy, but it had to be done ::)

Always willing to help - Allan

populus

Beautiful wood, Sig. What the heck is it?  Nice pictures of your Lucas in action as well.

Bibbyman

Is that all the boards you got out of it? 

Is the rest of it in the sawdust pile. :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

T_in_SC

Looks great!  I'd hate to put tools on a floor that pretty.

tnlogger

now i know about getting all ya can outa a log  :D
i have a friend i used to saw a little bit for. he has a small cedar mill and saws any thing he can put a dog into. try sawing 4/4 out of 4" cedar posts.  :D :D
must of been all the free labor cause i could't make no money doing that.
shore wish i took some pics of it 00 frick 56" blade. one wore out sawyer at days end.  gene
gene

Ianab

I'm sure you have left a couple of 2x1 s in that side slab there though ;) :D ;D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Arthur

sigidi

use the toungh oil and it stay that deep colour.

arthur

sigidi

populous - it's one of our native Eucalypts, us Aussies call 'em bluegum - cause it's so red???

Bibby - now then mate I know the swinger is known to be a bit heavier on wastage as a band mill - but we can't keep hiding it anymore - now you have conclusive proof. Two 4x1" boards from one 14" log ;) They where just the ones I liked I post a pic of all of em once I lay 'em later today.

T_in_SC - yeah so my wife has mentioned too ::)

Ian - well actually I did shave one more off after the pic was taken - the young fella came out and said "You can get one more out of that!" so I had to show our young fella how good Dad is!

Arthur - great idea to use the Tung oil, but if I did and the missus kept seeing how good the floor stayed, I'd have to move all the tools out then move me an the dog in ;D

sawmillsi

sigidi,

Its called Blue Gum in QLD only (in NSW and VIC we call it Forest Red Gum) although its real name is Eucalyptus tereticornis.

I don't mean to gloat but a Peterson mill could get another 2 boards from that peice left over buy the press of a button (electric up/down) or winding just one handle.

Si

sigidi

Hey Simon,

welcome back, I hope the mother country was good to you?

I'm sure the ASM can generally cut boards with the touch of a button, but in this particular case, cutting 4x1's, it wouldn't have mattered if it was being cut by a Peterson or a Lucas, once that shoulder let go from either end being supported on the bunks that would be the end of it.

Post some pics of your trip soon - we're all dying to see.

Thank You Sponsors!