iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lumber grading short course PA Wood-Mizer

Started by MartyParsons, November 24, 2004, 05:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

Hello
We are considering having a Lumber grading short course at Pennsylvania Wood-Mizer in the spring. I am seeing who would be interested. You dont need to be a Wood-Mizer owner. This will be a 4 day course 2 days will be class room and part of the third day  the other will be hands on instruction.You will recieve a certificate if you pass the test at the end. We will have a instructor from the National Hardwood Lumber Assioation NHLA  If you are interested please send me an e-mail at parsons@innernet.net
Marty Parsons PA Wood-Mizer
Covering Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland and other states.
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

SwampDonkey

Sounds excellent Marty.

I'm sure there will be a few forum folks taking you up on that. Our local marketing board also has bucking and grading courses for hardwood veneer and sawlogs. They do this with cooperation from sawmills and veneer buyers in the vascinity.

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

CosmoPack

I'll do my best to attend if the dates work out.

Ron Wenrich

Penn State usually offers one in the spring, as well.  Maybe you want to co-ordinate some things with them.  

They have been doing theirs for a number of years.  I took it about 20 years ago.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

stumpy

I would be interested. Please keep us posted on the details
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

MartyParsons

Stumpy,
 There is one already scheduled at Indianapolis for March 1-4 2005 give them a call it may be closer than PA. You can still come to PA if you want.  ;D  1-800 579 7797
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Kirk_Allen

I was at WM in Indy a couple of weeks ago and asked about the grading course in March and no one had a clue what I was talking about.  Who do we need to speak to in order to get scheduled?

MartyParsons

Guys,
Contact Jim Brown or Melissa Eckart at Wood-Mizer Indy 1-800-553 0182. They should be the contact people. Let me know if this does not work. Thanks
Marty

MartyParsons

Hi guys, Sorry I have not been back. I have been working on some things for this and realy don't have it all arranged yet. I will let you know as soon as we get it all worked out.
Chain saw safety  ::) We all need this!
Lumber grading short course ( at Penn State) possible in March
Field day in March or April Friday Wood-Mizer owners  :) and Saturday for new customers.  ;D
What would like us to have for you?  ???

Thanks Marty

Ron Wenrich

You might want to take note of the Timber 2005 Expo at Rock Springs, PA on June 17 & 18.  I'm sure Wood-Mizer will be there, as well.

http://patimbershow.cas.psu.edu/
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

JB

For anyone interested, there will be a 5 day NHLA course in Elkins, WV the second week of March.

Call WV Wood Technology Center @ 304-637-7500

MartyParsons

Penn State School of Forest Resources has a Hardwood Lumber Grading Short Course scheduled for March 7-10 2005
Instructors : Lee Stover Wood Products Extention Specailist at Penn State, Dale Heintzelman, Lumber inspector with NHLA
Materials Included, Official Rule Book for Lumber Grades, An Intro to Grading Hardwood Lumber, Illustrated Guide to Hardwood Lumber an additional training manual, plus Handouts.
Fee: $475 ( Includes All Instruction, Materials, Parking, Refreshments breaks and Lunchs)
For Information call Lee Stover 814-863-0422  lrs4@psu.edu
or Mike Powell 814- 863 -1113 mjp175@psu.edu

Guys If you mention Wood-Mizer you wil recieve a $75.00 discount. I am very sorry this is late but we had some communication problems.  :'(
Mike also has rooms available for $69.00 per night at the Hampton Inn but the reservations need to be made by 2 20 05

If there is any thing I can help you out with please give me a call 814-259-9976 Wood-Mizer PA
Thanks Marty

MartyParsons

See the below post about the lumber grading short course at Penn State March 7-10 2005
Thanks Marty

Thank You Sponsors!