iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Members maps?

Started by oakiemac, February 14, 2005, 10:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakiemac

This has probably been brought up before but I missed it> :( But what happened to the members map so that you could tell where everyone is from?

Also what happened to the bio section when you click on a members name?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Paschale

You can find the member map here:  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=mm  As to the profile, if you click on the person's name, you should get it, at least if you click on their name on a thread.  I haven't found a page that lists everyone's name, like the old one, but there's gotta be a way to find your way to the individual bio/profiles...maybe someone can clue us in.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

The members map has a big link on the toolbar. Remember, this is all new, so everybody needs to put themselves back on the map.

THe new software does not have the facility for adding a Bio. So, none of the old bio info made the transfer.  That is however on my short list of "tados", to create a bio section.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Paschale,
Near the bottom of the home page, there is a little section listed as "Members" = Searchable list of all registered members. 
That will get ya to their profile. ;)

farmerdoug

Jeff,

Is here anyway you can set up the map so you can drill down to the state level?  It is fine now but I remember the old one and when you get 50+ trees in a state it is hard to located one person using the map.  It would be nice to located members to visit in an area you are traveling to.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

THe states on this map are 3 times bigger then the last map. :)

redpowerd

i see some folks have shrubs, little round shrubs with a black outline.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

I may try to do it at some time, but it will be a huge undertaking plotting all the x y and creating maps scaled to the program and such. The first map I would do wont be a state map, but a much better map for our New Zealand friends and members.

oakiemac

Thanks, I found the new map. It is bigger and better.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Jeff

Quote from: redpowerd on February 15, 2005, 01:06:36 PM
i see some folks have shrubs, little round shrubs with a black outline.

Those are seeds ;D  Ya gotta grow yer trees around here. Very new members get seeds.  :)

crtreedude

You know Jeff, if Harold moves down here - Costa Rica is going to seem awfully crowded.  Two FF people in on country is getting to where there is no elbow room.  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

sigidi

:D :DVery cute Jeff, Very Cute :D :D
Always willing to help - Allan

Tom

Well, it won't take too long befory you get your elbow room back.  The way he wasted away on the last trip reminded me of the joke about burying a Texan in a Matchbox.   He told me it was because of all the fresh fruit and eating healthy but.......  I dunno?  :D :D

crtreedude

My wife and I are a bit of healthy eating nuts - pretty easy to do here.  Fresh fruits and vegetables all year round -  never thought fresh tomatoes would be a regular thing in my life - here they are always available - same goes for locally grown watermelon, pineapple (to die for), mangos, etc.

Better stop while people still like me.

I dropped 30 lbs in the first 3 to 4 months. 

Of course the old joke is that it will be a real shame with the health food fanatics end up dying of nothing.  ;-)

The good money is on that I will fall out of a tree.

Fred

redpowerd

QuoteThose are seeds   Ya gotta grow yer trees around here. Very new members get seeds.   

you mean pine cones, right?  jeff?  pine cones? :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

DouginUtah

Going back to Fred's earlier post, I am really surprized that there is not one member in Mexico or even in Belize--which is an English speaking country as far as I know.

Wish I lived in Florida so that the next time Harold goes down to CR I could accompany him.  :D

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Jeff

Quote from: redpowerd on February 15, 2005, 05:52:34 PM
QuoteThose are seeds   Ya gotta grow yer trees around here. Very new members get seeds.   

you mean pine cones, right?  jeff?  pine cones? :D

No, seed. Pine cone has many seeds.

Fla._Deadheader

Doug, we got an extra bedroom ;) ;D ;D

If Fred don't find out what wood we can ship, I may have to go back and approach the govt. officials.

That oughta make an interesting conversation. ::) ::)

Them, no English,
  Me, very little Espanol. ::) ::) :D :D :D

I could use the new sign language Victor and I made up. Worked for us  ;) ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

crtreedude

Boy, Harold is impatient!  The biggest problem is making the list - there are 55 known woods that they use here for lumber - over 2,000 different kinds of trees.

Wood I know we can ship:

Teak
Spanish Cedar (about 30 different types)
Laurel

Some I am pretty sure we can ship:

Guanascaste
Corteza
Purple Heart
Balsamo
Nispero

Woods that are going to be a bit of a challenge,  maybe impossible:

Mahogany - Endangered and almost totally gone.
Tempisque
Almendro

I just got to see you trying to sign to MINAE!

Fla._Deadheader

No problemo, Senor!  DanG, NOW I could use that Spanish keyboard to get them cool thingys that make GOOD words out of maybe words. :o
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

farmerdoug

Jeff,

Maybe a search by members location would work too.  But that would required everyone to updated their location on their profile which you have mentioned before a couple of times I think.  Like I said it would be nice to be able to find members in a location you are visiting so maybe you can get together with some and visit on your trip.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Thank You Sponsors!