iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I hate ice!

Started by Jeff, February 14, 2005, 06:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Having an ice storm. I'm pretty much confined to the inside anyhow because of my shoulder , but what really sucks in the internet keeps quitting!  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

You must be getting the weather we had yesterday. We lucked out though and the temps stayed above freezing, course the whole farm is a giant mud hole now. :D

Fla._Deadheader

Works fine, here. ::) :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Tammy called off school today. We may be close to the line that turns to rain, or gets ice all day.

GareyD

Got it pretty rough here too...50 and light showers...
'Sposed to be sunny and 72F tomorrow though  :) :) :)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

farmerdoug

It iced here last night.  Now it is just rain but there is a 1/4 inch of ice on everything and all schools are closed in St. Clair County.  But it sure has not slowed down th drivers on our road one bit though.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

Quote from: GareyD on February 14, 2005, 07:18:16 AM
Got it pretty rough here too...50 and light showers...
'Sposed to be sunny and 72F tomorrow though  :) :) :)

Sounds like Skeeter weather to me.

Weekend_Sawyer

I don't mind Ice... In a glass, with cranberry juce, and a splash of Kettle One! ;)

We are getting some Icy rain this morning but the temp is just above freezing so the roads are only wet.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

tnlogger

yes sir thats why i turned into a hillbilly  ;D rain and 46 deg here but oh it'll gets cold tonite way down ta 40. now you northen boys puts another log or two on the fire and stay warm  :D :D :D
                           gene
gene

sprucebunny

We had a snowstorm recently and that was great.....Great enough that I really didn't mind not having electricity for 24 hours.
It's still out in places near here.
Had to get my generator going to make the Internet work  ;D ;D :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WH_Conley

Had ice, it left a couple of weeks ago, now have mud knee deep.
Don't know which is worse, scooting on the ice, couldn't go nowhere, pull no logs. Mud so deep tractor wants to belly out, so much mud on logs decided to sell some, let the big mills that have a debarker deal withem, if I can getem out. Oh well about August will be complaining about the dust and copperheads huntin water. ::)
Bill

Corley5

Schools are all closed up here too.  Luckily we got a couple inches of snow before the freezing rain started so the roads aren't as bad as they could be.  There's some ice on the trees but it's 34 degrees now it's going away 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

redpowerd

guess it comin my way. i get hurt on ice least once a year, time for a pair of caulks
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

old3dogg

Has to drive 68 miles in the ice today.
Yea.I hate ice too!

isawlogs

I'll be putting sand down on that stuff  tonight or tomorow ... The only diff . is that I will be paid to drive on it ... ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

crtreedude

Jeff,

You and be both.  Of course, we don't have any ice down here, EVER! Not even on top of Chirripio - no snow, no ice, no nothing except either sun or rain (sometimes lots of rain).

I was in Rochester NY several years ago when they had an awful icestorm - took most of a year to clean up - destroyed a lot of good trees too. You could hear the walnut trees breaking into, sounded like cannon fire.  :-\

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Ernie

Ice??? what's that??  we are just coming off a heat wave.  Life sure is tough being a peasant in New zealand.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

crtreedude

Heat wave?! What is that? Our temperature varies by about 5 degrees year round. Sure makes it easy to pick out your clothes.

Of course, have pity on the weathermen down here - I could do their job! And no one listens anyway.

I will say the New Zealand is on my list of places to visit - but you don't have Orcs do you?

Fred
So, how did I end up here anyway?

ellmoe

It's 6:30am, I've got my shorts on and will head to the mill shortly! This is the time of year it pays to live in sunny Florida. This week, highs maybe 80, lows around 50.  :) :) :)
    We'll pay in the summer though!
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

redpowerd

summer? thats too hot allready!! :D reminds me of stacking hay in a wagon in the middle of a hayfeild
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Ernie

I think that the weathermen and the economists could trade jobs and the forecasts would still have the same accuracy
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Thank You Sponsors!