iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Busy Weekend

Started by Ianab, February 13, 2005, 01:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

No sawmilling, but lots of sawdust and planer shavings.  :)

This was the old archway between my kitchen and living room.  :-\
I'm sure it was very trendy back in the 70s, but Lil's opinion of it is the same as mine  :D

The old hardboard with vinyl woodgrain pattern was classic stuff in it's own way, but it had to go.
Now I can put up some nice real timber.  :)

Almost done, just need to machine up some skirting and architrave to tidy it up.

The other wooden thing in the picture is someones elses new house renovation also done today.

The rat and old aquarium and it's new cover are off to Lil's preschool tomorrow, so wish the Ms Ratty luck  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

tnlogger

nice pics Ianab and a good looking cover on ms rattys home too.
yup shore wish ms ratty luck she'll need it with all them rugrats a peering at her  :D :D :D
   gene
gene

Furby

Cool!
I'll have to remember that cover next time someone goes to buy one. ;)

LIL

:D Thems Rugrats are a bit bigger than the rug TN.  And they do more than Peer at Ms Ratty -(Ms Ratty was named Nathan today by the children),  they also like to touch her, hold her and let her walk around their shoulders and hide under their hair.  I like to pick on the parents who I know are scared or dont like rats by sitting Nathan on my shoulders under my hair and going up to talk with them.  ITS GREAT FUN. 
LIL ;D
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Ianab

Excuse me.. you seem to have a rat in your hair  :D

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Fla._Deadheader

Sounds like Lil is as crazy as the rest of us. :D :D :D  I like her.!!  ;D ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

tnlogger

now it looks like nathans going be on the receiving end of a whole lot of love.
I could sit for hours watching children with animals it just warms the heart and soul
to see how much they enjoy it.
                                 gene
gene

Patty

Your school kids are so lucky to have a teacher like you, Lil. Forever they will remember the cool teacher who brought a rat  to school for them to play with and enjoy.
Everyone of us can remember our favorite teacher, I'll bet you are on the list of many favorites.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Murf

I agree, kids and animals together just seem to be a natural fit, innocence or something.

Deputy Dog and me are part of a visitation program, we go to a bunch of different places, old folks homes, hospitals, schools, we've even been to jail (just for the day), but the one we both enjoy the most is the children's wing at the hospital.

To see the look on those little tykes faces when the dogs come in is nothing short of amazing. The way they light up is incredible, kids that are enduring things no adult should have to go through are suddenly smiling and laughing.

It does a person good just to see it.  ;D

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

isawlogs

Murf

Thanks ....

This is coming from a father that had his child in the hospital that went throught  chemotherapy , almost 3 years has gone by since the the last treatment ... While we were in there there where people that would come by and do what you are doing ... coming in with there dogs and chearing the children up ... Letting the kids take there pets for a walk making as though those animasls where there own , when it was possible the kids had that animal for a whole day ... You just cant imagine what it did to some of them .. you just had to be there to see it ... 
  To you and to the others that take there time to make these children feel better , put a smile on there face . I tip my hat , to you and thank you for doing it ... The children are always awaiting the arrival of there four legged friends with a big big smile on there face ,
Murf ...  I'm honored to know you .... Even though I havent met you .......  yet    ;D
I almost forgot .... this goes out to Deputy Dog as well .... You can tell him that I will bring him anice big bone  when ever we meet up ...  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ernie

Hi Ian and Lil, we're just up the road you are welcome to drop in any time and say gidday, my mill should arrive next week, you may be interested in having a gekko

email me offline and I'll give you my landline number

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ianab

Will do Ernie

I am keen to have a look at your new mill sometime soon  :)

I'll be in touch

Cheers

Ian

LIL

GENE you are sure right that Nathans on the end of a whole lot of loving! :-*  The children adore her (they are 3 and 4 years old).  They have no inhibitions - unlike their parents which is great.  Also because she is brand new - I had children coming up to me every few minutes asking if I could get her out for them.  We have a few rules and althou its only the second day - they know them off by heart - which is great for them and Nathan too!  I have a few pics of the children with her and I will load them when I member to save them to my data traveller so I can share them with you all. (Bit nervous thou as this will be the first time I have tried to do pics EVER) :-\

FLA Im not crazy ;D :D  - I think it has something to do with an addiction to sawdust (just not Lawsoniana - it doesn't agree with me :()  But if it is craziness - Im happy to be along for the ride  ;D

Patty - Thank you so much for the kind words - its great to hear feedback from everywhere!!!!  I have two other rats (Maggie and Jessie). However they live a 3 hour drive away from me because when I left my last Kindergarten I didn't have the heart to take them away from the children that had become attached to them.  However I am kept up to date  with digital pictures via E-mail!!! And just occassionally I will ring them and talk to them over the phone  :D

Ernie - Cant wait to come visiting! I just love going driving!!!! plus I dont want to stay at home why Ians out having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ;D

Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Murf

Marcel, thank you for your kind words.

It is so nice to hear stories or comments like that from people who have seen first hand the reaction of the patients we visit. We truly believe it time well spent.

When I pick up the keys to the truck Jackson (AKA Deputy Dog) goes crazy, he always wants to go, which is how he got his nickname, from riding shotgun. When I tell him we're going "visiting" he goes downright bonkers, he absolutely loves doing it.

He isn't very patient though, so I gave him a nice new bone 'from you' so he wouldn't have to wait too long. He liked it, pretty near gave him lock-jaw running around with it, but he's still working away at it.  :o

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

LIL

Hey Guys,

As promised here are a couple of pics of Nathan at Kindergarten!

Lucky I have insider info on how to use this picture posting thingee whatsit! ;) :D

Heres hoping things work at least!!! ;D

It is a real delight watching the children with her.  I have a few more pics but they are all similar.

PS Notice the handy work in the background  ;)
Hobbies and Interests  

TN_man

Lil,
I noticed the "Texas" on the T shirt. Is there a Texas down under as well ???
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Thank You Sponsors!