iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

latest forum poll

Started by tnlogger, February 12, 2005, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnlogger

As i check every day our front page  :P i just had to comment on this we have over 2000 members and only 150 have voted on how they like the new forum.
Now i know a lot of members like to read and dont think that they have any thing to contribute. and that is fine i'm not trying to post just to post but it only takes a click of the mouse to vote and thank jeff and everyone for the great job they are doing in here
if i'm stepping on toes here it is not ment that way. it just makes me sad to see such a low count on a subject that reflects how much we appreciate what has been done to inprove the forum .
ok  ;D i've vented enough this is something thats been bothering me and had to say something about it
                  gene
gene

SwampDonkey

Makes me wonder sometimes too Gene, but I too am guilty of not voting on all the poles.  :-[

But, I do think everyone should express a vote on this pole if you could. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmerdoug

It maybe because they do not use the front door to enter so they do not even know it is there.  I vote whenever I see one posted.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Fla._Deadheader

My bookmark IS the front Door, and I vote whether it means anything or not. Ron puts a lot of work into it, and not casting your opinion, is just bad manners.  :o  THAT'S ALL i GOTTA SAY ABOUT THAT.  ;) :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

farmerdoug

Fla._Deadheader

I agree with you 100%.  We are all full of opinions so voting on polls should be natural.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

pigman

Gene and others,
I come in the front door and see the poll. I try to vote but for some reason it won't take my vote. >:( I am old, but I am not from Florida, so I sould be able to get my vote counted. ;) I put my pointer on the little circle and and left click. The little circle then has a dot in it, but my vote is not counted. Maybe I don't click hard enough and I am left  with a hanging chad.  ;D Maybe I don't know how to vote. Just think, for the last 40 years I worried about voting for the correct person for no reason. :o
I want to vote,would someone tell me how. :P
Bob the non voter
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Fraxinus

Well, just about the time I joined up, it became "new and improved" so I ain't got much to compare it to.  Not only that, my short term mem'ry is a thing of the past :o :o
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Jeff

If you dont enable pop ups for the forestry forum, you wont get the little deal that pops up and says you voted and what the current results are. If you refresh the page and see that you no longer have the option to vote, then yes, you did vote.

It surprises me the amount of people that DONT come in through the front door, but have bookmarks to us through other pages. The sad thing about that is, that there are probably some of them STILL out there, that think we went off the air, because all of those old links went bye bye with the changfe over to the new software. THe links just dont exist anymore. Bookmarking www.forestryforum.com will ALWAYS get you here, regardless of any changes we make down the road. (I dont expect any like that) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

J_T

Bob I found it I'm a voter . Yep I come in somewhere else . I is a puter dummey but I know it. ::) J___T the voter ;D
Jim Holloway

pigman

Jeff,
I get the popup that gives the vote results, but when I refresh it lets me vote again. I don't think it is couinting my vote because the number voting
after I refresh is the same as before I vote. When I first registerd it acted as you discribed in your above post.
Bob

pigman

Jim,
I am mad. >:( If all you Tennessee people are voting, I think this Kentucky hillbilly sould be aloud to vote. :D Even if I am too dumb to know how, I still want to vote. :-[  Now will someone tell me what to vote for. ::)
bob

Jeff

Quote from: pigman on February 12, 2005, 11:43:56 PM
Jeff,
I get the popup that gives the vote results, but when I refresh it lets me vote again. I don't think it is couinting my vote because the number voting
after I refresh is the same as before I vote. When I first registerd it acted as you discribed in your above post.
Bob

Sounds like you may have your cookie settings a little high or something.

J_T

Bob you get that down pat check out the member's galley I went to see what was a cooking  and was as lost as last year's easter egg :-[ :'(  Think he's telling you to toss your cookies :D :D
Jim Holloway

pigman

Jim,
Can't toss my cookies, I ate them all 20 minutes ago. :(
Bob

J_T

Bob on that note I'm turning in . Good luck  J T sleepy head :D :D
Jim Holloway

SwampDonkey

I'de like to say something here, but I know enough to keep still.  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

I vote on all the polls even if it's to vote "Not Sure".  This poll doesn't jusn't seem like enough....so here goes....
WHAT I LIKE:
1.  The speed is incredible!  I have DSL service and I've been able to read all the posts in EVERY Forum Category in the time it formerly took me to check the General Category! 
2.  The Image Gallery.....I just keep looking and looking...that is just awesome!
3.  The email notification when I've got messages....that is just too cool!
4.  Notification of another person posting while you were typing a post!  You get a chance to see if you're being redundant!
5.  I really like the feature that takes you to the page you last read on a thread that has more than one page. 

I don't see a single downside to the new and improved version.  I love it!
Say when

old3dogg

I forgot to vote.Sorry.
I just went and did it!
I like the new forum.Its a lot better.
Tkanks for all the hard work that you folks put into it!
Mike.

Bibbyman

Quote from: Jeff B on February 12, 2005, 11:31:01 PM
It surprises me the amount of people that DONT come in through the front door, but have bookmarks to us through other pages. The sad thing about that is, that there are probably some of them STILL out there, that think we went off the air, because all of those old links went bye bye with the changfe over to the new software. THe links just dont exist anymore. Bookmarking www.forestryforum.com will ALWAYS get you here, regardless of any changes we make down the road. (I dont expect any like that) :)

I know quite a lot of people that are not any too computer savvy.   Probably, they've got here buy having someone (like me) sending them an e-mail with a link to a specific post and they use that to get back to the forum.  When that e-mail is gone, they're lost again.

I know one person in particular I tried to explain how to put things in his Favorites list and it was a lost cause. 

I've helped a number of people get back to the NEW FF buy helping them edit their link in their Favorites list.

I think the next time I send someone a link to a post on the FF.  I'll also send them www.forestryforum.com and suggest they save it in their Favorites list.

BTW,   I did vote on this specific poll but I'm not any too interested in polls in general and tend not to act on them.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

pigman

Bibbyman wrote:
"I know quite a lot of people that are not any too computer savvy"
I resemble that.  ;)
Bob

Ed_K

I used to come in thru the forestry & logging door  ;D.
Ed K

tnlogger

well DanG it all i done forgots about mosts everyone comes in der backdoor mosts times  :D. 
bibbyman i agree with you on that one i am bad not to vote on most polls my self .
this one sorta stuck in my craw because of all the work and good things jeff and everyone did to inprove this home for us.
now pigman ya'll needs any help on this here computer stuff yer just lets me know  ;D
cause when i go north in abouts 170 days i shore dont wants no roadblocks up there in the state of Kentuky form them hillbillys and shine makers  :)
            gene
gene

pifan

I dont know what you mean front door I come in thru the home page and i dont see any polls ? by the way you did a real good job jeff

Fla._Deadheader

Pifan, if you come in through the Home Page, that is NOT the Front Door. Just one time, type in www.forestryforum.com and enter. In the upper right  hand corner, there is a "Poll". Take a look.  Bookmark THAT page. ;) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Furby

I voted on this poll before, but it's always there when I go through the front door.
Just went back and voted again and did a refresh. Now it's gone!
Must have voted last time when I had my security to high. ::)

Jeff

Ron has put the new poll in Poll archives. We will now be using the forum polling software. Soon I will figure out how to make this poll appear on the entrance page to the forum.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10500.0

Barkman

Quote from: pigman on February 12, 2005, 11:43:56 PM
Jeff,
Bob

Pigman,

Are you originally from the Chicago school of, "vote early, vote often?"  Keep voting 'til you get it right! :D

Barkman

Furby

Yeah Jeff, it got pulled before I got my vote in the second time. ::)
Are you going to shut down the one that is at the front door for now?

thecfarm

I'm a farm boy and never came in the front door. Didn't know there was one.I always came in through the wood shed.Since I moved to the city,I'll use the front door from now on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pifan

thanks deadheader i went there and found it and voted  now what are we newbees suposed to do so we dont pith people off put in pictures ( my brain hurts triying to figgure all this computer stuff)  :D give me time and some advil  I just got a didgital camera

pigman

Barkman,
  Unlike Mayor Daley's voters, I vote early and often, but none of my votes count. What the heck,I still have the fun and privilage of voting. 8)
I  dislike all of you people bragging about your houses with more than one door. I thought all houses only had one door. :o
Bob

Thank You Sponsors!