iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Enviro nonsense from across the pond

Started by swampwhiteoak, April 22, 2002, 01:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampwhiteoak

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0,3604,688348,00.html

Afforestation is bad.  It causes jobs and useful products.

"Many of the current forests were planted without taking into account their impact on wildlife and the needs of local communities. The government is still to meet its biodiversity targets to restore Scotland's native woodlands and to repair the damage done," said a spokesman for RSPB Scotland.

Hmm.  Scotland now has more woodland than any time since the 14th century.  And apparently this is a bad thing.  Up is down, left is right and so on.

Tillaway

From what I understand Britain was covered with forest until someone figured out about metal and cut it all down for charcoal to make metal tools and such.  You would think people would be happy to see a forest return. ::)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Bud Man

Sounds like they were talking out of both sides fo their mouth at once. All these trees will cut into the potato crops ,and for you know It,  All the Scotts will be Tea drinkers  :D
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

L. Wakefield

The Irish like their potatoes- I was under the impression that the traditional Scots carbo staples were oats and barley. Of course this is an historical impression- for all I know they have as many taters as Aroostook or Idaho nowadays.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Thank You Sponsors!