iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey der Boss...Good Luck

Started by Shotgun, February 03, 2005, 10:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

Jeff,

Sure hope all goes well with your surgery on the shoulder, etc. on Friday. A bunch of family folks will be thinking of you and anxious for a report. Sounds like it might be an overnight or so. Take care and do well. Make sure they do it up right this time.

PS-Take your satellite phone and your laptop.   :D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Bro. Noble

I had nightmares last night about being prepped for surgery.  The 'Big Guy' is really on my mind and in my prayers.  That shoulder surgery sure hurts----for a long time >:(  But it does eventually get better :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Texas Ranger

Brother Noble, speaking of surgery, when ya gonna get that red thing removed from your nose? ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Quartlow

its been a while now since I had mine done and its still sore when I really stretch for something. That being said its not near as sore as it was before surgery.

Good luck Jeff, and pray for a cute physical therapist!!! :)
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Kirk_Allen

Well Jeff, I guess if you online that means the surgury went well?

Hope you feeling OK. Time to give that shoulder a rest so no typing for at least two hours ;D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

Glad your home so soon , Jeff.
Take care of yourself .
REST  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

shaved i/4 inch off clavical  and fixed hole tore in cuff (fisrt guy missed")  dont know much yet.  Thanks for prayers to all of my f f fam. :)  

Jeff

Quote from: sprucebunny on February 04, 2005, 05:54:56 PM
Glad your home so soon , Jeff.
Take care of youself .
REST  :)

come help sort pics? ;) ;D

woodhick

Good luck with rehab.  Thoughts are with you. :)
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Paschale

Hang in there, Chief.  Eat some ice cream!!!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Captain

Great to have you online.  You were in out thoughts today.  I think that you are actually a little more sharp than last time...i cuold c it in yer typin skilz.

Captain

etat

Thinking about ya there Jeff.  Here's to hoping you a swift as possible recovery!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

sandmar

WOW--that was quick---sure glad to have you back online this soon---and the shoulder heals just as quickly----did they put you a grease fitting in this time? ::)

Sandmar

Norm

Good to hear they didn't need to keep you overnight Jeff. Hope they got everything done right. :)

Larry

Musta been a sleep as I missed where you had to go back in.  Glad to see you home and hope your feeling ok.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

MULE_MAN

Glad to hear your home, I hope they gave you some good drugs for the pain

I'm not real big on that pain stuff   ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Wildflower

Maybe I should elaborate a little more as to what they actually did to da boss...

Since he had a problem with the anesthesia last time, they decided to try a shoulder block (They insert a needle that is connected to a low current into the nerves in the side of the neck, when they find the nerve that makes his shoulder jump, they then inject a numbing drug into that area so they can do the surgery while he is awake.) After they do the shoulder block they gave him a drug in his IV that made him feel really spacey. When they were sure he was feeling nothing they went in and took 1/4 inch of his clavicle which should eventually allow the AC joint to move with out pain. While they were in there they opened a window to look at the rotator cuff and discovered a hole in it that the first surgeon apparently missed in the operation. They fixed the hole in the cuff and stitched him up. Were still not sure what all was done as we won't be able to talk to the surgeon until Monday. The doctor called me from surgery long enough  to let me know Jeff was fine and they had fixed the problem. They let Jeff talk to me for a short minute and he sounded like he was out of it.
They did send him home with some good drugs. He has tried to type one handed, it is hard for him because he wants to use both hands. So his responses will probably be short for a while. Jeff had a rough night. He can't get comfortable anywhere but just can't stay away from the Forum completely.

Guess what he had me doing last night? Yes, sorting pictures! :D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

sandmar

OOOOOOOOOUCH! sounds like no fun to me. Thanks for the update and keep the pictures coming  ;)

Sandmar

D._Frederick

We are thankful that the surgery went well and pray that the recovery will be short.

tnlogger

Jeff hope the shoulder mends fast you've got mine and pats wishs for a fast recovery.
                              gene
gene

Grawulf

Jeff, You're a glutton for punishment - no sleep one weekend and then no sleep and PAIN :o the next!
Prayin' for ya big guy.

Jeff

Quote from: sandmar on February 05, 2005, 10:54:13 AM
OOOOOOOOOUCH! sounds like no fun to me. Thanks for the update and keep the pictures coming  ;)

Sandmar

You asked for it!   ;D

sprucebunny

That looks very nice and neat but I bet you won't want to carry a back pack for a while  :)
OUCH
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

redpowerd

looks pretty DanG sore!
yer proly pretty happy to be home, eh?
go easy on her and have a very speedy recovery, were thinkin a ya, boss!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Thank You Sponsors!