iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ash Trees

Started by palmerstreeservice, February 02, 2005, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palmerstreeservice

Something has been bothering me for a while.... All of the ash trees in our area of NE Iowa had a short fall on leaves, growth, and general apearience.  To best describe them they looked diseased.  I have read about the Ash Bore however I didn't read anywhere that it was in Iowa.  Did anybody else around here notice this or does anybody know what it is.  Should we expect a repeat again this year... death of trees... or what?

chet

I would suggest you contact your local extension forester. They are normally your best bet for local concerns.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

siwitt

Hi!
Sounds like you have a slow debilitating ailment know as ash yellows.   Right'o, check with your Extension folks for specifics...

Ivan the Forester

Tom

Welcome aboard Siwitt.

Ron Wenrich

Anthracnose is another problem.  We've been having ash decline in my area for many years.  O've been seeing more dead ash come into the log yards.  When the ash borer gets here, there won't be too many left.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SwampDonkey

It might even be late blight in the ash, which is a form of anthracnose. Anthracose can also be caused by air pollution. And those leafy lichens growing on tree boles is an indicator or heavy metal air pollutants.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!