iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dolmar Saws...Opinions??

Started by Captain, January 30, 2005, 07:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Well I know Dozer likes 'em, but I was curious to hear from those who have owned them and used them... ???

I am doing saw repairs now, and have the opportunity to pick up the Dolmar line.  I bought a 7900 last week, and tried it out yesterday.  I was impressed.  Most of my customers are landscapers and serious do it yourselfers that appreciate a proffessional grade saw. 

Thanks in advance for your opinions!!! :)

Captain

Faron

We've run Dolmar saws for several years now.  Before that we had Stihl saws.  We like them real well.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

ehp

Yes the Dolmars are a very good saw, they have lots of power stock and ported, they are light and feel nice to run for me

tnlogger

i was a true blood huskyman  ;D i sent my son to the saw shop to get a 394 fixed in 1998 almost cold conked him when he came back with a big red and black ugly looking thing that sort of looked like a saw  ;D turned out it was a dolmar 120 i being being the hard head i am told him nope wont work wont stand up  well shot about six weeks later i changed my mind a little said it might work for bucking up on the yard. well the short or long of it is that big ugly red and black saw cut over 500Mbf before it went to the shop for a coil. he's still using it as a spare. lol guess i was wrong about dem big ugly saw
                                                   gene
gene

ehp

yes but have you ran a 7900, they are not big or heavy and cut very well , I know I would be running a 7900 for falling hands down, but it would be ported, nothing wrong with the stock 7900 but I just like the way the ported saws cut

rahtreelimbs

As EHP stated the 7900 is a fine saw. I have 2 Dolmar 7900's and 2 Makita 7301's ( Dolmar makes the bigger Makita saws). This line of saws are as good or better than their Stihl & Husky counterparts. The only downside, and this has been discussed at length before, is the lack of dealer support.

In time this may change.

If you work on your own saws as I do this issue is lessened!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

Gypo Logger

I also use a 7900 ed built for commercial falling of hardwoods. I was trying to attach a picture, but 20kb is all that is allowed so it didn't work.
John

Busy Beaver

Hey Lotta,  how does a 385 husky compare to a 7900? BB

Gypo Logger

Hello BB, both saws are very close together in power, however the lightness of the 7900 is a real plus. Ed said he'd do up my 372 as well, so we can see how they compare on the job.
John

Thank You Sponsors!