iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Glory Glory

Started by Tom, January 28, 2005, 06:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I'm all excited!!    Somebody say something! ;D

GareyD

This thang is so quick now..ya almost need to be a speed reader to keep up... :D :D :D
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

devo

Help to login to reply, helps to know your password to login. That sure was fast Jeff. Good Job  :)
Crazy enough to try it! (once)

DanG

Jeff, I gotta say, for a beat-up old Northwoods sawyer, you make a pretty DanG good computer geek. :) :)

Slick cutover! 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Don't know if I can write this fast or not. :-\   Might have to go back to the old place and turn it into a retirement home. ;D :D

DanG

Well, there's folks logged in, and all the old posts are here, but nobody's sayin' anything.  ???  Are we really on-line?

Tom, I sent you a PM as a test. Did ya get it?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ianab

Excellent  :)

The new software and this fancy new server really hums

Now I need to go take some more pictures of what I'm doing this weekend.
Even better, with a search that works I'll be able to bring up the old posts that relate to the timber we are using.

Good job there Jeff  8)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Captain

Holy smokes he did it.   ;)   What a difference.
Congrats, Jeff.  it all looks good.

Captain

Tom

Haven't seen an IM from from you, Dang.

Florida is getting cold again!  Brrrrr

DanG

Try sending me one.  Did ya look at yer inbox?  Maybe the message is there but didn't show up on the header. ??? :P

devo

I sent you one too Tom, bout 15 mins ago.

Tom

I have two from Paul H but don't have any from y'all.

It's your fault.  I didn't do anythkg wrong.  !!     :D :D

devo

I just sent you another one, this time it didn't ask me if I want to save in the outbox. Don't know if that makes a difference.

dutchman

Great looks,real fast, and very colorful.Nice ,very Nice.

johnday

This is great, I thought it was something wrong with my computer before. :)
Trucks are red, tractors are blue.  Monroe Mi, for now, Barton City soon.

Kirk_Allen

AWESOME!

Took me a while to get logged in but that was from my own stupidity.
Turns out I have an underscore in my username. 

Tom_Averwater

WOW, this sucker is quick. :o
He who dies with the most toys wins .

DanG

For a while there, I thought ol' Jeff might be takin' a  nap, since he ain't had much ta say. Now I see he's brought back tha "all" function on the multi-page threads. I think I'll just leave him alone and let him do his thang! ;D :) :) :)

Jeff

Nope, no nap yet. BUt ima thinkin on it.  I gotter done and headed out the door with momma to get some supper and an eyeball break.  I gotta say I am very very very pleased and relieved to be this far.

I gotta thank one of our members. Ronwood. He gave me a ton of advice and encouragement and  helped spur me on to get things done. I had written this software off 6 or 8 months ago because it was not much better then what we had. Ron and I were working on a system where we could archive old posts to lighten the load on the other forum. While doing that, we took the time to look at some other software. I mentioned this to him but told him I was not interested. When he asked me why not, it made me go back and take another look. Pretty amazing what stages it went through in the 6 or 8 months.

Anyhow, thanks tons Ron for getting me pointed in the right direction. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

DanG

Yep, Thanks Ronwood for helpin' ta keep da boss on da straight and narrow. :)

Jeff, you have every right to be pleased and relieved. Have yerself a cold one and a hot plate of grits. ;D

Paul_H

Thank you Ron and Jeff for the hopped up forum.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawman

Looks like I made it. This is way cool. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Way to go Jeff , and all involved.
Keep up the good work
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

DR_Buck

Looks great Jeff.  Nice Job.    Couple questions though.   With the new SPEED I'm guessing you didn't see a need to have the "forum" pull down at the top of the screen to jump directly to a different forum?   I see it is still at the bottom of the page though.    Also, is the "Tool Box" coming back?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

THere never was a pull down at the top of the screen
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DR_Buck

There was those little square buttons that opened up forum categories and stuff.. ...

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Tom

Yeah, but those things are way down the road to being converted.  This is a pretty massive undertaking.  Some things might not even make it.  There will be new options too, I'm sure.   It's kinda hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when the tunnel is this long. :)

pigman

This new fangled site is great. :o Man is it fast. The only problem I had was logging in. Seems I couldn't find where I wrote my password two years ago. :-[
Since it took me over two years to get to 40 post, I sure didn't want to start all over with a new username. I'm sure the Boss could have helped me remember the password, but with all the work he did with the changeover, I was not about to bother him.
I went to my profile page and found out  all about my fourm viewing habits. 8)
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

fstedy

:) ;D :D  HOORAY  :D ;D :)  FOR   8) 8) 8) JEFF & RON  8) 8) 8) Cool guys, Great job. Thanks for all the hard work!!!!!!
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

woodhick

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication! :)
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Kirk_Allen

Not sure what the problem is but I had to come in through an old cookie.  Each time I try to get online I get a Pop-up login wanting name and paswword but it wont take it.

Once in I was able to post, but only after this log-in pop-up went away by me clicking X on it.

I have gotten a few emails from others who couldnt get on becasue of the pop-up.
Growing pains - Got to love it ;)

stumpy

The new website looks great but I'm having trouble with the "Username/Password" prompt. It keeps popping up even after I'm logged in. I close it and it pops up again and again and again and again! ANYONE else having this problem?
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

tnlogger

i think every one is but as this was a very large undertaking
jeff and all have done a great job  :D when he gets caught up on allthe lost sleep from the change over he'll fix it
    gene
gene

isawlogs

Jeff ... I dont think I took time to thank you for all that was done by you and all the others involved with the make over ....  So THANK YOU for loosing sleep over us and the forum ... It is a great place to be and will only get better with time .... again thank you for all the time that was put into this site .... I do injoye being here and am honoured to have being here for the makeover ....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ronwood

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind comments. It always helps to have someone to bounce ideas off of.

A Big thanks to you Jeff is in order.  After working with you I can see why this forum is going to be so successful.  Always thinking of what is best for the members.

The moving of the forum was no trival task and Jeff is the reason that it was successful. It was by no means a trivial task.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

jtmccallum

Thanks Jeff, Man this is fast.  We're cookin' with bottled gas now!  :)
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

sawwood

WOW this is slick Jeff. Was worried it wasn't comming back as i tried all day to git on. Gave
up and whent to the shop. Had to run my son off
the puter and what a surprise. Jeff sure is great
looking and fas as a speeding bullet. Will have to
post some new photos to see how that works.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

BW_Williams

Good work Boss,  this forum's faster than a log truck on last load with the side boss buyin'  at the waterhole!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Faron

Great job! This thing is like riding a rocket!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Teri

I LIKE IT!!!!  Great job Jeff. ;D ;D
I know Daddy Deadheader will like it too  ;D ;D

Teri

SwampDonkey

Yes, I too am enjoying our new home. This is definately a step in the right direction. I have been experiencing the login window problem to. But, one step at a time. It'll all be ironed out soon. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

redpowerd

well me thinks me all logged in now!
for a while i couldnt even see the forum, finally i got to the 'retreive password' part and i think im all fixed up. thanks jeff, sorry to bother you, was quite a simple fix. the new place will take some getting used to! seems to be working just fine! nice work!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

ellmoe

Jeff and Ron,
   Let me add my thanks! So far the difference in speed is dramatic! Before I would lose patience and read few threads, not now. ;D
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Wildflower

I too am thankful the forum is up and running smoothly, I get to see Jeff again.   :D  Jeff has been either on the phone or sitting at the computer for the last 4 days. He has hardly ate or slept, but now that it is up he should be able to catch up on everything. I really appreciate all the nice things people are saying about the forum as does Jeff. This Forum is a place for all of to come and visit and I am sure Jeff would not tell how many hours it takes for this to run smoothly.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Phorester

Very nice job, boys.   I was scared to death when it asked me for my password to log in.  Didn't know if I was remembering the right one or not, and was afraid it would kick me out permanently if I had to try several.  Too bad for the rest of you, I remembered it!

Percy

Eeehawwww.
I was havin a hard time getting in till I thot of the frunt door.Whutaputz. Its been a couple of days, didnt realize how addicted I was ;D ;D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

MemphisLogger

Jeff,

After being here a few minutes now, I am blown away by the speed increase.  :)

Being on a super fast cable connection, I always thought the FF was a tad slow--one of the reasons I never took you up on your kind offer to host my site  :-[

I think you done good with the software switch and maintained our comfortable environment wonderfully.

You rock!
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Paschale

GIDDY UP!  Ya done great, Jefforino!  Thanks for all your hard work!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

johnday

The extra speed is great, good job. :) I'm having to log in each time though. I checked the little box, but it doesn't want to remember me. Have I missed something? ???
Trucks are red, tractors are blue.  Monroe Mi, for now, Barton City soon.

WV_hillbilly

I was havin withdrawl symptoms yesterday too . It was terrible .  But the new house was worth every  second . Great job Jeff and all who had a part in this upgrade .
Hillbilly

breederman

couldn't get here friday, didn't have time yesterday. This is GREAT!! :) :)
Together we got this !

OneWithWood

Sometimes it pays to be a bit tardy.  Finally got to check out the new digs.  DanG fine job, Jeff!  I did not have any trouble logging in or anything.

Thank-you very much for all the hard work :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Larry

What OWW said

Quote from: OneWithWood on January 30, 2005, 04:01:14 PM
Thank-you very much for all the hard work :)

and from me to.

How many bottles of asprin you go through this weekend Jeff? :o

To me the new search engine gotta be the best part.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Frickman

Way to go Jeff and Ron! I really like the new home. Thank you also Wildflower for all your support of the boss.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

DanG

Frickman, I'm glad you remembered to thank Wildflower. :)  Sometimes we forget that she has a huge investment in this forum, too.  Just living with Jeff, when things aren't going all that well, must be a challenge. But it goes much deeper than that. As a family, they have a major financial investment, and we take up a whole bunch of Jeff's time.

Tammy, you're a real doll!  Thanks for all you do in support of our habit. :) :) 8) 8)

Grawulf

Let me jump in and add my two cents worth too - think I was starting to hyperventilate without my daily fix of The Forum! Jeff and Tammy and Ron -thanks SO much for creating a community for all us sawdust eaters. Youse guys is awesome! ;D 'Scuse me while I go look around................

dewwood

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Engineer

Holy smokes what a difference!  It's the new FFF!  FAST Forestry Forum.    Way to go Jeff and all who helped.  Now I can go back and read through every post ever made in the archives...... it may not take me so long.   :D

Mathias

Thank you, Jeff and all the others that have made and will continue to make this such an awesome (and addictive) site. It is a great place to learn and connect with a fantastic group of people. I love this place! ;D
Hand plane collector

pappy

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

This is great !!!!! 

THANKS Jeff and everyone who had or has had a hand in anything to do with the FF this place is the BEST !!!

Nice to shake the rug once in awhile.  ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Bill Johnson

Boy is this ever slick!!! and fast too.  I'll have to try from home and see how it works on dial-up.

To follow what everyone else has been saying Thanks Jeff, Great Job.

Bill

Sawing Logz

Fantanstik, speed. Thankx again for getting my login problem fixed. 8)

Thankx, Jeff akaSawing Logz.
City Forrest Treecycler

ksu_chainsaw

I like the new server, just wish that I had a faster connection.  The past week the satellite has been overloaded with traffic.  Im only getting about a 26k uplink  >:(  when I   get home I get to use our cable connection.  We are trying to upgrade to dsl, but the phone company is slow about it.  We are only about 300 yards from the fiber patch panel that serves the whole town-should be very fast.

thanks jeff for doing all of this.

also thank you tami for putting up with everything that Jeff does to make this a better place

charles

Weekend_Sawyer

Allright!!! I'm in!!  8) acting cool enjoyin the new ride!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

DanG

I just discovered another advantage on the new forum.  The fonts are better.  A capital I no longer looks the same as a lower case L.  Now all the guys that are named Ian won't be called Lan quite so much. :) :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!