iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Go Figure...!

Started by inspectorwoody, January 27, 2005, 10:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

Recieved the January/Febuary Newsletter from the mill today and thought the following may be of interest...

According to our kiln department we were 22,000 bf shy of 7 million and the steamer doing 1,287,885 bf of Walnut. The sticking machine produced 7,025,000 bf of stickered packages.

www.wlumber.com

Gadget

Curlywoods

Inspector,

If I might ask what is PRIME lumber?  Is this the same as FAS?  You guys must be going great guns 24/7 to get out that amount of wood!!!!!  Too much work for my old tired butt  :D :D :D :D :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

inspectorwoody

Yes, I do believe Prime is the same as FAS or an "Upper." We do tend to pump out quite a bit of lumber in just four ten hour days! We are going back to Red Oak in the morning....I tend to get my butt kicked on the chain sometimes....wood flying every where!

Gadget

Tom

inspectorwoody

Always safe....I did get into the bad habit of not wearing my safety glasses on the chain  but I broke that habit quick...

We have a steel cage covering the back of the trim saw as to protect me and stackers when feed rate is high and cants, boards get kicked side ways etc. in the saw. I cannot believe the force it can produce when something isn't fed straight.

Other than that I have to be on the look out for snowballs! Last summer I was grading away and the next thing I knew I had ice cold water dumped all over me! I guess I am an easy and fun target for the guys when I'm deep in concentration!

Gadget

Tom

They must like you :D

Folks don't usualyy mess with folks that they don't like. ;D :)

inspectorwoody

Thank You Sponsors!