iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SOLO Parts

Started by desdawg, January 27, 2005, 08:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desdawg

I'm kind of a new guy here so I will say Howdy and ask a question at the same time. I recently acquired a couple of SOLO chainsaws and am looking for a place to order parts. Can anyone give me any help with that?
Rookie Collector

jokers

Hi desdawg,

You can order directly from Solo at this link //www.solousa.com

Russ

desdawg

I went to that site and they did not list the 654 which is my most recent arrival. I will be calling them today. Thanks for your help. It is appreciated.
Joe
Rookie Collector

jokers

What parts do you need for the 654? With it`s integral crankcase/cylinder design, it will not be a cheap saw to fix if it needs a top end.

Russ

desdawg

I just needed body and fender parts. Apparently it was formerly owned by a rocket scientist who had broken the choke off. He then cut a hole in the top cover and air cleaner so he could inject carb cleaner with a straw to get it to start cold. I made contact with Solousa. I have to give them an A+ for customer service. Quick and helpful. They didn't have the 654 on the webpage but faxed me the IPL, parts are ordered and on their way! Apparently the only dealers hereabouts are Ace Hardware stores, and none nearby my location.
Rookie Collector

Thank You Sponsors!