iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Save on long distance calling

Started by SwampDonkey, January 27, 2005, 04:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

There is a company offering long distance savings (5 cents/min) in Canada and the USA. It's called YAK Communications. For USA folks just click the dropdown in the upper right to switch to the USA page. This rate applies 24/7. Just thought folks would be interested in reading the details. It's pretty simple to use.

http://1010yak.yak.ca/en/
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stamp

For any Sam's Club members out there, I purchase their phone cards which end up being something like 3.4 cents per minute.  They are the only phone cards I've been able to find that do not have connection fees, minimum minutes, expiration dates, etc.

We stopped our long distance availability on our phone (they were charging us $4 per month even if we didn't use it) and only use these cards now.  You can "refill" them over the phone using a credit card and do not have to pay tax when you do.

Tip: If you're using any phone access card, program your #1 speed dial with the access number (usually toll-free) and #2 speed dial with the card number.  That way, you're not typing in all those numbers constantly.

beenthere

Stamp
I use the Sam's phone card too, and as well, pulled my home long distance.
Wasn't aware of the other charges apparently tied to some other phone cards.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

I've never had long distance at home!
One way I got burned was refilling a card, only to have it expire a couple of months later, taking all the cash I had dumped into it.
Look at the fine print to see if there is an expiration date on those cards.

I use mine from payphones a lot. I hate the ones that take units. The ones that just have a flat 40 or 50 cent fee are better then the units.

sprucebunny

I pay 5 cents a minute with Qwest long distance , no fee and no numbers to get all screwed up.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

fstedy

8) 8) 8) Congi State  8) 8) 8) Their prices and service are great 3.45 cents per minute interstate rounded to 6 seconds. Their intra state here in New Jersey 4.9 cents per minute rounded to 6 seconds. I've has calls billed at less than 1 cent. They only charge a $1.99 service charge if your bill is less than $20.00 which it always is. Haven't had any problems with them.
http://ld.net/products/?cogid=pk00102&refid=cognistate.com&product=cogstate&page=Home
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

SwampDonkey

We've used Yak and it's 24/7 without gimmicks and minimums or extra charges and its also good outside USA and CANADA, they have a chart of the rates to different countries. I think its 5 cents to Australia and 9 cents to the UK. It just appears on your regular phone bill. Those 5 digits are pretty easy to remember when I know I'm saving. :) We don't have many such options in Canada.

Regular long distance isn't that high in Canada anyway. I can call the US for 15 cents a minute. Cell phones are more than twice that.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

I just use my cell phone.  I have to have it, anyway, and there is no extra charge for long distance. As long as my "peak time" minutes don't go over 600 for the month, I'm covered by the flat fee I pay.  After 9pm, and on weekends,  no calls are counted against my 600 minutes.  I just try to use the house phone as much as possible during the day, to save minutes. It's kinda nice to be able to yak over a distance without worrying about how much the bill will be.  Just think, I could even call Chet just to hear what a Yooper sounds like. ;D  
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kirk_Allen

We dont pay anything for long distance calls from our home line.  My wife has her cell service with sprint and if your a sprint cell customer you get free long distance on your home line.

Anything outside our town is considered long distance here in the country and since we have no local internet access I have to call  long distance so it works out nice.  All my surfing time is FREE!

Paul_H

Thanks for the info SD.

The plan I have lets us call anywhere in Canada,free from 6pm-8 am weekdays and Fri,6pm- 8 am Monday.
Regular US daytime is close to .40 cents per minute and Canada daytime is .26 cents.

I've already 1010yaked today at a nickel a minute.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Dang, our cell phone service is zoned and if ya make a call out side your zone your charged an extra 0.35 cents a minute. But, I don't have a plan ( a plan may be different), I just prepay and get a card that I punch in a 12 digit number to activate the air time. ($10, $20, $50...) prepaid cards. I just had to buy another cell because my other one took a swim in the wash machine :D and I got this one even cheaper $99 , plus $50 free air time for a month. I only buy $10 phone cards so they're not profiteering much off me. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!