iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magazine article

Started by Ed_K, January 26, 2005, 03:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Way to go Captain, 8) 8) 8).
 Captain has a nice writeup in the feb addition of Farming.
 I can't figure out how to bring up the article. Heres the website.  www.farmingmagazine.com when I went there I got the wrong month.
Ed K

Captain

Jeez, thanks Ed.  Gotta get my hands on a copy.  I was not sure when it was coming out.... ::)

Captain

Frank_Pender

Which acticle is featuring you, Captain? :P
Frank Pender

MrMoo

I haven't read mine yet Have to keep an eye for the Captain.

DR_Buck

So that's who that strange looking guy in the pictures is... ;D ;D

Read it on Tuesday when it came in the mail.  Nice article.   8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Captain

Well, I finally got my hands on an issue.  Too many pictures and quotes of me for me to be comfortable.   :)

Captain

Captain

Jeff set us up a link to a PDF file of the article.

Thanks Jeff!!

https://forestryforum.com/pdfs/ed.pdf

chet

Nice article.  :)   Hey Captain,  are ya gonna be signin' autographs?   ???
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

NFDBrian

Hey,
    Some of those pictures look familiar???  Who is the handsome fella in the red hat?? ;D Oh yea I know him he's the old fart now ::)  Maybe you can sell some autographed pictures so you can get yourself a nice shiny 7900!! Even though your partial to those orange and white ones!!
He who dies with the most toys wins!!!!

Captain

Well look who's here....hey everbody its my friend BRIAN :)

He's probably decided that I need to be watched over and kept in line.  Brian and I are on the Fire Department together, and we like to get together and make big pieces of wood smaller too.  Not to mention, Brian is a great friend to have around, he is an extremely talented individual and machinist.  His picture is featured in the article too, just look for the red hat. 

Chet, if I give you an autogaph NOW it may be worth MORE after the shootout....

Captain

Sawing Logz

Way to go Captian. Great write up and keep us informed on how that auto swinger work's :o. I have read here good things about there mills and almost got one first. From what I saw ;D on there web site's video your mill has a serious advantage now. Keep us up to date with some pix.

Jeff
City Forrest Treecycler

Captain

The article may have given you the wrong impression, but the ASM was a Peterson Sawmills owned unit used on the show circuit last year.  I put probably 30 hours on the mill between practice and show demonstrations.  It is a really fun mill to operate, and is quite a crowd pleaser at the shows, it was fun to start it up and begin the cuts, only to look up five minutes later and realize that there were 100 people watching. :D

The mill is now owned by a nice fellow in Louisiana who cuts sinker cypress and heart pine for a timber salvage company pulling from river bottoms there.  He uses it nearly every day, so I expect a progress report soon.

On my personal mill, I still provide the propulsion :-\

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!