iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Johnny Carson, RIP

Started by DanG, January 23, 2005, 09:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Johnny Carson left us yesterday.  He retired from TV some years ago, but I kept hoping he'd come back and do one more show for us. It didn't happen. :'(  I cannot count the number of good ol' belly laughs I have had from watching him. He was a master of just about every genre of comedic entertainment. His stage presence and comedic timing were unparalleled, but his rapport with his guests, particularly the very young and the very old, was the thing that made him great.

NBC hurriedly put on a show of clips and memories last night that had me crying out of both sides of my eyes. I think the tears on my cheeks were from regret of his passing and the ones running down beside my nose were from laughter. Or was it the other way around?  I don't know. I just know I'll miss knowing he's out there.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kirk_Allen

I'm with you Dang :(

Many of great nights with my father was sitting up with him watching the tonight show.  My dad is really bumming today.  

A few years ago I got him the Best of Carson videos for chirstmas.  I bet he watched all of them today.

Tome

For years my wife and I watched him when we went to bed, he was the best.  Hope we can all touch those in our world as he did and make them laugh, you guys on here do a good job of that.  He will be missed but will live on in our minds as we recall funny shows of his.

Curlywoods

A true legend no doubt.  One that makes as big an impact, on so many, are few.
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

VA-Sawyer

I too was bummed out by the bad news. Johnny was a class act all the way. He didn't have to use 4 letter words, or badly cut someone down to be funny. One of my favorites is the one with Jack Webb about Claude the clepto that copped the copper clappers.  Humor at its best.  :D
Like DanG, I was hoping he would do another show of some kind. I guess he just liked being retired too much. Such is our loss.
Here's to you Johnny.

VA-Sawyer

Percy

Johnny ruled!!

Audience yells "How cold was it ?"
Johnny says " Today in Burbank it was so cold, I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets."
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!