iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jerry Clower

Started by Tom, January 22, 2005, 10:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneWithWood

Dan, my favorite cookbook is Justin Wilson's Gourmet and Gourmand Cookbook.  I Guarrrantee it be good!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Ed_K

The Great Coon Hunt! But my favarite hands down is Marcel and The Beer Joint  8). They gave him the beer joint. yrs ago I work at a machine shop with a Marcel, he did the same as Marcel does here. Thanks Marcel.
Ed K

Faron

I am guilty of laughing at Roy D's calls every time no matter how many times I have heard them.  
I have a brother in law who had an idea published in FARM SHOW magazine.  He had simply removed the seat belts from an old car, and used them as inexpensive straps to hold a motorcycle upright in his pickup.  I would LOVE to call him up as a Roy D. Mercer type character, and demand payment because of damage to a refrigerator due to use of those straps.  I bet it would get my brother in law's attention when the character mentions coming by to get his check. :D  I just don't think I could pull it off without laughing.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

DanG

:D :D :D  My favorite Roy D. call was when he called the house moving company to get prices on moving his neighbor's house into the next county.  "You can't do that!" say's the lady.  "Say, you can't? ???" sez Roy D. :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom_in_Mo.

Talking about Jerry, one of my favorites is telling about the speaker planted in the outhouse when the lady with the big hat got herself positioned just right and he hollowed out " lady can't you see that I am trying to paint down here!!!!!!!" I can just see those hinges blowing off with the door.  :D

Curlywoods

Thats a good one Tom.....never heard that one before  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

isawlogs

Well today I had a good day ..  8) ... Then it got better  ;D ;D

I git to know whoe is Jerry Clower is .....    :) :)

I went to get the mail.....  Now at this time of the year I dont really like going to the mail box ... 
  I open up the door and start pulling out the mail ....  There is a nice big envellope , you know the brown paper bubble interior type envellope .... Pull that out not thinking anything about it , bring the pile in and ask my son ifin he was expecting a package ... Nope ... was all I got for a reply ... Take the envellope and see thats its adderssed to me ....

Welll   I open her up and whats in it
  Two cd's of Jerry Clower

I just stuffed that first one in the cd player ...and after a few minutes of trying to get her to play ... my son out of frustration of seeing me trying to get it going took the zapper and rolling his eyes and pushed a button and here I am listening to jerry
   Marcel is in trouble
   Where will you be when you get where you're going

Well I dont know whom it was that sent these to me .....  YET ....  But I'm listening to it now ... and he is good
   I do want to thank you ...  It has to be one of you that I know ....

DanG   
  I really liked that one where   Marcel is in trouble 

Well thanks again ... Marcel is real happy .....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Gilman

According to this site: http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/clower_jerry/artist.jhtml

A clip of Jerry Clower will part of
The Greatest: 20 Funniest Videos on 2/4/05, the CMTV channel

Here on the west coast it will be on @ 4:00 & 7:00 PM, got my replayer set!

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

DanG

Marcel, I'm glad somebody sent you some Jerry Clower tapes. :) :)  You're gonna have some real fun with those.  I hope the one where you get the beer joint is on there. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

DanG
I did not have time yet to listen to both but I did listen to one ... And Marcel is in trouble .....He is in a bar ... with a McCollouch Chainsaw .. and is given the bar again .... Got me laughing ....
Now I know what you guy's where laughing for ....

Marcel
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paschale

My favorite Marcel story is when Marcel goes fishing...the only one catching anything, so finally the sherriff goes with him to see what he was doing.  Marcel lights up a stick 'o dynamite, and the cop says, "you can't do that!  That's against the law!"  Marcel calmly hands the dynamite to the sherriff, and says to him, "are you gonna just sit there, or FISH?!?!?"

:D

I like Roy D.  "How big a boy are ya anyway?"   :D :D :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

isawlogs

I really liked this one

Where will you be when you get where you're going

I still havent had time to listen to the second one yet .....

Marcel

Phorester

My favorite Jerry Clower story was the one where he was asked to do his show in a Church of snake handlers.  The congregation gets so excited they start passing around the serpents.  Jerry, up in front of the church with his group asks one of them where the back door is.  They look and say, "there ain't one".  Jerry says, "reckon where do they want one?"

jtmccallum

Snake handlers was one of my dad,s favorites.  Local radio station played it quite often.  I don,t recall them playing any other stories of his.

I guess I'm going to hafta find me a tape and see what I'm missing.

Roy D. Mercer is one of my favorites.....cant drive past a Sonic drive in without thinkin'  'bout Raymond and fingernail fungus :D :D

John

John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

dail_h

Slab,
   Brother Dave is one of my favorite,wish I could find some of his stuff
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

DanG

Yeah, I guess I did leave him out.  Missed Grady Nutt, too. :-[

Slabs

Dail

Go to the Dave Gardner website.  I think they have a country store where you can buy the old party records on CD.  Was there a couple of years ago and read some good biography on Bro.

Slabs
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

tnlogger

now i dont know why but when i was ready the BBQ thread i gots to thinking about boiled okra and that gots me thinking about Jerry and the pot a boiled okra and the hound dogs
so i had to open the media player and listen again  :D :D that was over an hour ago.
Have not stoped laughing yet  :D :D

gene

Tom

It's happened again!   

Here I've finally gotten used to Marcel and his antics, chasing animals around Canada, building houses, welding inventions and trying to go to the North Pole.  I still laugh my self to death beause I can't help but think of Jerry Clower when Marcel makes a post.

Now, I have another dilemma.  There is a new member who wakes up long sleeping brain cells.  It's Vern.  When I see Vern on the forum, I get this big picture of Ernest P. Worrel (Jim Varney) on the other side of a window with his eyes crossed, a grimace on his face and a mouth that stretches from one ear to the other.  The Window has just been slammed on his fingers which he had so absent mindedly left on the window sill.  In the back of my mind is the echo of the phrase that Ernest has probably just said, "YouknowwhatImean Vern?"  :D

I don't know if I can stand another one.  :D :D   I can't help but smile.

tcsmpsi

I've had the good fortune to meet Jerry a couple times and the last time, got him to autograph a cassette tape, that I now keep in the safe.
Bless his Heart. 

I reckon anyone who has heard Clower much, will always relate to Marcel with a bit extra.    ;D   Aye, Marcel, I'm guilty as well.    :D

Pretty fortunate here,as our little FM, non-profit station plays all sorts of things.  Among those are, Mr. Clower, Mr. Mercer, Red Skelton's old radio shows, Mr. Welle's Mercury Theatre, Lone Ranger, etc., as well as music from big bands, to Zepplin, Hendrix, Dean Martin, Cash, Classical (sorry, no RAP).  About any and everything one could imagine.  Including my ad.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Tom

I had an idea and went to Youtube to look for Ernest.   There are about 20 clips of him there from outtakes to old advertisements, even some clips from his movies.  I laughed and feel better now.  Funny how laughing makes one feel better, KnowwhatImean, Vern? :D

I even found a couple of Jerry Clower stories.

olyman

tom--a merry heart--doeth good like a medicine-----

Ed_K

And Marcel opened the screen door with his chainsaw and said "just pass out that grape nehi to me"  ;D.I liked the pulp wood stories  ;) .
Ed K

Tony

I got Jerry's autograph and had a class with his daughter at MSU back in the day  ;D

Tony    8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

Thank You Sponsors!