iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Escaped from Alcatraz

Started by hawby, January 19, 2005, 07:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawby

;D Well, yesterday was my last day employed at the Corporate Prison. Sure felt exhilerating to have that bright yellow "Retiree" badge handed to me. SO as has been said so many times, "One door closed, and another has opened!"

I will miss the security of the weekly paycheck, but not the stress of dealing with innumerable poorly advised decisions made by unknowing, unwilling, impossible, invisible managers. I am so blessed that the numbers all came together at the right time for me to be able to leave, under my conditions.

So, I am now among the unemployed, but  I have plans that I know the Lord will allow to come to fruition. Thanks for all the words of encouragement that you have had in the past.... ( and I know will be forthcoming now).

I have been so busy in preparation for this day that I have not had much FF time, but I hope that I will be able to set aside some now....

Ya'll have a great Winter day. I know I am....

hawby
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Jeff

Congrats hawby!  You should have time to spend an extra day or so at the pigroast now eh? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hawby

:D Yes, I am planning on losing the 20# I picked up at it this year first though  ;D
Hawby

Paul_H

Hawby,
I wish you and your family all the best.I hope you do look in on us here and keep us posted on how things are going.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Frank_Pender

Congrats Hawby.  You will find that you are more busy than before you left the salt mine.  It is a great feeling I hope you never lose.  I know that in my case the only part I miss are the children but not the bureaucratic "stuff".  Have fun for the remainder of you time. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Tom

Hawby, be prepared to be busier than you ever have in your life.  You'll find that you are your hardest task-master.  ;D

Try to save some time to smell the roses.

OneWithWood

Congrats, Hawby.  What a great way to start out your 51st year  8) 8) 8)

Just think, now all those ill advised decisions are yours to make :D

Good luck to you and do keep us informed on how things are going.  I look forward to hearing of your successes at the piggy roast in August :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Roxie

Gee...the way you described the company you worked for, I think we've been working at the same place!   :D
Congratulations....and God Bless.  
Say when

DanG

YEEEEEHAWBEEEE! 8) 8) 8) 8)  Man, I'm glad to see you get out of that mess! In fact, I'm happy to see anybody get out of the rat-race without a toe tag.

My own retirement day is still fresh in my mind, after almost a year. The only time I ever felt better was my return from Vietnam.

You'll be busy for a little while, catching up on the hunny-dos and wanna-dos, then things will level off a bit. It's awfully easy to get involved in more projects than you can handle, though.

I hope you'll find the time to be a regular on here with us. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

Well I for one am green with envy.  :)

Well actually pale white from lack of sunshine. ;D

Mark M

moosehunter

Congrats, hope to join you in 8 years or so!!
In the meantime.... relax a little for me!
Moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Fla._Deadheader

Congrats, Hawby. Been unemployed for 32 years. That's what everyone else keeps telling me, anyways.

If ya get bored, Ed needs some help with the log diving while I'm gone.  ;D :D  Might wanna keep one eye peeled, though. He's a tough Boss.  ;) ;D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

dewwood

Congratulations Hawby!  I know you have looked forward to this day for some time.  I hope all of your adventures are enjoyable and have fun in your new "occupation".
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Paschale

Congrats, Hawby!  Sounds like the start of some fun times!  Maybe Furby and I can head on over sometime and see you enjoying your new found freedom!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

WV_hillbilly

That's great Hawby . Enjoy yourself  and relax . I hope to get out of the rat race early too . But I got about 15 - 20 to go .
Hillbilly

EZ

Sound to me like all these work places are related. ;D
Congrats to you and may the Lord be with you every step you make.
EZ

DanG

Quote That's great Hawby . Enjoy yourself  and relax . I hope to get out of the rat race early too . But I got about 15 - 20 to go .

That's the price of all that youth and vitality you have. Enjoy that while ya got it, too! ;) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

WAY TO GO HAWBY!!! 8) 8) 8)

Sure hope you can add the FF into your to do list each day now.

Paschale, sounds good to me, but how about we wait for a "little" warmer weather???

CHARLIE

Congratulations Hawby!  Now you can have an extra cup of coffee in the morning as you plan your day. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

hawby

Thanks everybody for the encouraging words (?) and all. Haven't had time to hardly set to drink that extra cup o' coffee. Rippin' the floor outta the kitchen. (The whole floor, down to the joists) Gonna do the hardwood thing ya know. Go figure!  ;D
Hawby

johncinquo

Congrats again Ken!  And like I said, your works just begun!  At least now its all fun and all for yourself.

I saw Ken yesterday folks.  He already looks about 5 years younger and ready to tackle the world.   Unfortunately 5 years of Honey-doos have to get done first!  

Theres an adorable little girl that is really happy now that daddy is home to play more.  Of all the benefits that this change is going to bring, being at home for the next 10-14 years is going to be some of the best.  After that she'll be an older teen you may want to go back to the cell!  

See ya soon,

John
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Stump Jumper

Congratulations!!!!!!! 8) 8)  Did you get out early for good behavior, or out on parole ;D ;D ;D

Look forward to meeting you.  You are welcome anytime for a visit just check ahead to make sure Delcy is not working that day.
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

WV_hillbilly

DanG  if I play my cards right and everything goes as planned I might get my sentence reduced to 6 -10 togo . Buying my sawmill was a step in that direction .
Hillbilly

Tom_Averwater

Congratulations Hawby. Make sure you make a Hawby do list too or you will never get any of "your" jobs done. :D :D  Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Thank You Sponsors!