iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Russian Drushba and Stihl BLK

Started by Bernhard, January 18, 2005, 04:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

If anyone is intrested to see a pic of a russian "Drushba" saw or an old Stihl BLK, please post it here...I try to submit them. intresting link to a germans collector site is:
motorsaegen-portal.de.vu
if anyone has probs with the language, post it here...I´ll try to help You out.
oh.....how can I attach a pic? I have made one of the Drushba...but I don´t know, where and how to post it :-/

Weekend_Sawyer

Post them Bernard, I would love to see them.

And by the way, welcome abord! :)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

leweee

Welcome Bernhard_II.... At the Top of this page you will see "Knowledge Base" click on it.... you will find instructions under "Forestry Forum Tips" for posting pictures in there. ;D
ps. also under "Forum Tools" at the top of the page ::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

dneiger

In 1980 I was lucky to be in Sweden on a Husqvarna factory trip with my wife and about 80 -100 other reps and their wives. Before we left for Sweden the head of engineering at the factory called and asked me to bring a modified 2100 with me as they wanted to test it on the dyno.When we got there they asked me if we could stay over another week as there was the World Championship of Chainsawing taking place in Norway and they wanted me to attend and take part.
     To make a long story shorter when we arrive at the town in Norway we found that the contest was not a race as we knew them, it was a forestry working contest with emphasis on safety and work standards. There were 14 countries represented with each team having 6 members [ 3 cutters, 1 interpreter, 1 technician, and a group leader ] I had never seen  or heard of a Drushba saw but that is what the Russians were running it sure looked strange and I could not figure how they were to fare in the contest when running against the Huskys, Stihls, Jonsereds and Partners. As it turned out they did very well with them and finished very high in the standings. In talking to the group leader he said that in all of the studies held in Russia it became obvious that spinal and hip injuries were the major causes of work losses. their engineers designed the Drushba so that the workers did not have to bend over so much, they also were concerned over weight so they made the recoil starter so that it snapped off and was carried in a pouch around the waist.
     I was given the chance to run one of the saws and about all I can say is it was quite different, the one thing I do remember is that their was very little kickback once you got the hang of it.
 By the way our U.S.A. team was made up with me being the 3 cutters and the technician, and my wife acting as the interpreter and group leader. This contest is still held every year and it would sure be nice to put together a team and represent our country again.
                                          Dave

leweee

Dave.... did they look like this ;D

::) Like a weedeater on steriods :o ::) :P
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

dneiger

Yes only much cruder and as I remember the handles were longer. They were a trip to run, but Russians could really make them work.
                                Dave

Bernhard

sorry, my file is too big to post the pic of the drushba here. So,please follow the link, I´ve posted

www.motorsaegen-portal.de.vu

pic of a "Drushba" and polnish "Dolpina" and even of a Stihl "BLK" . My BLK is from german Army, so it is painted green, for normal, they had been red. I also own a 07, a 08, 031 and 045 and 3 vintage Solo-saws.      

Old_Town

Webpage leider nicht finden!!

I was really wanting to see the pics!!

Nicht sprechen a dem fuhrmann......

I need to work on my German!!

Ich liebe Sehen

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Bernhard

Sorry, You´re right, the link didn´t work. Please try this

www.motorsaegensammler.de/Druschba-4A.htm
www.motorsaegensammler.de/Stihl-BLK.htm

or take
www.motorsaegensammler.de
and chose english language....click on US flag

Paul_H

I enjoyed the links,

I used to work the winter months in a saw shop repairing saws in Squamish in the late 70's.It was cool to see the 050,045,041,and 070's again.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!