iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NEW FIRE TRUCK

Started by wiam, January 15, 2005, 07:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiam

Yesterday we got a new fire truck in Barnet. We played with the pump today.  Check it out.

and we moved into a new station last night. 8) 8) 8)

Will

Tom

Good looking apparatus.   I remember when fire trucks were red. ;D :D

wiam

I expected that from someone.   ???  I do not remember red trucks in Barnet, but I am only 37.

Will

Tom

Well, that's probably the reason.  I remember black and white police cars with red lights too. Now I suffer from dementia and imagine blue lights and green fire trucks.  This getting old is the pits. :D

Show us some of your firemen, Will.

wiam

Tom, back then I thought there was only black and white. :D
More pics to follow.  Forgot the camera when playing this afternoon.

If interested  330hp,  1250gpm  but it is 34' long

Will

Tom

Gum Drop and Bubble Gum meant something else too.  That was the single red light on top of the car. ;D

You might be right.  I don't think color was invented until the 1960's.

CHARLIE

Most of the fire trucks I've seen in Minnesota and this part of Wisconsin are red, but I've seen some Lime Green ones.
Who made that fire truck and is it a new one?  Those things are spendy too.  About what did that one set y'all back?  Does it have a bell?  Does it have a place for the dalmation to sit?
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

MAN HOWDY!  That's a fine looking piece of equipment. I'm sure the whole department is excited about it.  

It's gonna look real good in the upcoming homecoming parade, not to speak of being real handy around yer basic fire emergencies and such. ;D

Tom, if you'll notice, even bubble gum machines don't look like bubble gum machines any more. :-/ :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

DanG!  I think they call them Light Bars now. Back in the '60s though a Light Bar was a whole different thing. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

Light bars. Yeah, that's what they call'em. Lazer show is what they orter be called. I was coming home from Quincy, yesterday, and there was this unbelievable display of flashing lights ahead of me. I was going the usual retiree speed of perty near 35mph, but this thing was pulling away from me, big time! :o :o ::)  I sorta lost sight of him on that curve there in front of ol' Jim Clark's place, but after I got around it, I could still see him. I sped up to mite-near 40!  When I got to Douglas City, you know, where 12 goes to the left and 90 goes right on ahead, there he was! Pulled up into the parking lot at the Swifty Save, bellied up ta tha dumpster, justa gobbling that garbage down. Musta had enough strobes on that thing to keep a major airport going on a foggy night!

I can remember when a flashing light meant to either pull over and get a ticket, or pull over and get outta tha way!  Nowadays, ya just don't know what ta think of'em. ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

From the looks of the grill, the chassis is a Sterling.

Green fire trucks and that sherriff in Ariz. (Joe Arroyho?) is making the bad boys wear pink handcuffs. What next?
Haytrader

woodhick

Looks like an international to me.  If anyone is looking for a new pickup to pull your portable mill around check out navistar.com.  Look up the new CXT series of trucks.  Puts a big hummer to shame in my opinion but I've always been partial to the cornbinders. 8)
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Minnesota_boy

That's a nice looking fire truck.  Looks like it has a bunch of storage space with doors too.  Which one has the sawmill inside? :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Faron

I served 15 years as a volunteer firefighter, eight of those as chief.  Lots of good memories from those years, and a few bad ones.  I think that E- One body is made in Ocala (sp?) FL.  We had real good luck with those. You have a good looking new building as well.  What kind of building and truck did those replace?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

wiam

Charlie
Emergency One(E-1) built the body on a 2005 International 7400. BRAND NEW 8).  $228,000.  No bell but loud siren and real airhorns, not just the electronic symulator ;D.  No place for the dalmation ::)

Faron
This replaces a 1974 loadstar 1700 with 1000gpm Darly and 700 gal tank.  We will keep the old one as a second line pumper.
Old station was two bays with 2 full size trucks and a M-38 Willys(brush truck).  We could not walk all the way around the trucks.  New station is just under 6000 feet 8) 8)  Have not got lost in there yet.  Truck bay is three trucks wide and
deep enough to put new pumper in front of old one.  To say we are excited is an understatement.  Now we need to train with the new truck so we can use it :P

Will

sawguy21

A 74 Loadstar and an M-38!!! Holy Crap, no wonder you are excited. That is one good looking unit. Do you buy chrome polish in 5 gallon pails?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Faron

Yep, I understand the excitement!  In 1989 we built a new firehouse.  We went from a 30 x 40 building to a building which would house 4 rows of equipment 2 deep.  When I left the department we had 2 pumpers, 2 tankers, a rescue truck, (beverage truck with rollup sides) ,brush truck with a rescue boat, and ambulance in there.  We still had room to get around the equipment.  I still miss it -sometimes.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

wiam

Our newest piece was a 1989 GMC top kick with 1250 water and a 1000gpm front mount pump.This is used as a tanker.  We also got a new air trailer last fall made by Bauer sp.  It has a small Lister diesel with a 5000psi compressor, four bottle automatic cascade and three bottle contained fill station.  This was through a homeland security grant.  There was also an 80% matching grant for the truck.

Will

Frank_Pender

That is a very nice set of wheel you folks acquired sand a six packer too, great. 8)
Frank Pender

BW_Williams

Contrats Will,  nice looking engine.   It wouldn't fit in our station.  Glad to see depts that need it getting the grant $.  We've been putting in for it but no luck yet. Hope you have CAFS, it is amazing how little water you can use and still kick butt with,  we extiguished a 35' fully involved motor home with less than 200 gallons of water.  Have Fun, stay safe, BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Engineer

Nice lookin' rig, Will.

You gonna bring that monster to the State Convention this year?  If it ain't in Newport again, we'll be there.  My department is about 5 years away from getting a new rig - we swap 'em out every 20 years without fail, and our oldest one is a 1988 American Eagle 1000/1000 pumper that's won Best Appearing at States about four times.  Almost too nice to get rid of it.  

Hope that thing has CAFS on it.  We won't get a new truck without it.  Our newest front-line rig is a 2001 International/BME 4x4 with a 750 gallon tank, 50 gallons of foam and a 1000 gpm CAFS system.  Everybody else is just support for it.  Fully involved car fire is out in about 20 seconds, literally.

bull

There goes your tax bill.........  I remember when there were more cows than people in Barnet VT.... How can you afford that cadilliac..... Nice place and great people. Haven't been there since 1980. stayed at a small church in West Barnet on a church fellowship retreat. Bought raw milk at a Farm Just up the road,because they group only brought that 1 %  junk. They had a nice heard of Jersey's....

bull

Our Fire Dept Just ordered a new  Quint W/ a 100' Stick and every other gadget you can think of $600,000.00 should be delivered in the fall. We also have a new 3,000,000.00 Station under construction. Should be finished in July...

wiam

Frank, actually it is only a 5 packer with packs in all but the drivers.

BW, it would not fit in our old one either.  No CAFS, just NAFS on two handlines.

Engineer,  I think convention is in Rutland this year.I don't know if a new truck will get us there or not.  Two years ago I tried to get a muster team together and a bunch said yes, but too many said too much time after practicing for 2 months.  If you can't tell I'm kind of bitter about it. I know CAFS is great but I had a hard sell.

bull,  FEMA is paying $180,000 :).  That would have Barnet Center  and Ray Nelson.

Will

Don_Papenburg

What is CAFS ?  NAFS?  I know what foam is
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!