The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: cold/flu  (Read 314 times)

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
cold/flu
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »
what are some of you guys taking for it I haven't been sick in about 4 years I got it this thing the other day and its kicking my   I have taken a few thing but nothings seems to be working  if I'm out side I don't feel so bad but after coming in side I do nothing but blow my nose and sneeze  any help would be great   thanks

Offline Don P

• Senior Member x2
    • Calculator Index
Re: cold/flu
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:32:57 PM »
Haven't found the magic bullet yet. My wife has had it for, shoot 10 days at least. It hit me the other day, I worked in that misty rain and went from sweating to freezing a few times and it got a toehold. Been about cross eyed ever since. I tried to do some cabinet work today but the joints started whining too much. Both mine and the wood, my give a dang was broken  :D I've been gargling with warm salt water every few hours and that does help.

Offline 51cub

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 08:48:52 PM »
If there is anything, I don't know it. I'm not convinced the flu shot works. I have enough breathing problems that the lung dr wants me to get the shot every year, and he wants it in his office so he knows what batch I got. It seems like every year I start to get sick, but the shot, and all the other medicine for breathing fights it. I end up going weeks feeling nasty instead of getting sick and be done with it
I like anything that's old, and mechanical, agricultural, or industrial. Old mills, machine shops, beekeeping, sugarmaking, blacksmithing, whitesmithing, woodworking

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:27 PM »
coxy,too much bikini wearing.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline pineywoods

• Senior Member x2
  • Engineering analysis-just sittin thinkin about it
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:11:54 PM »
The stuff is almost an epidemic here. I got the shot, didn't help a bi. Down for 2 weeks, still kinda weak. I never went to doctor, neighbors who did took just as long as me to shake it. Takes 2 weeks to shake it if you try to treat, 14 days if you just tuff it out.. ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 09:56:09 PM »
It has been bad here too, the ER's are full. I finally got over the worst but it kicked my butt for almost a month. doc gave an antibiotic to control the chest congestion. It helped some, I also take Flonase aqueous, a prescription antihistamine to reduce the mucous which irritates my throat and causes coughing fits.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline Grizzly

• I wanna go camping!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:33 PM »
coxy,too much bikini wearing.  :D

I figured this was gonna come up agin.  :D :D

As soon as i feel something comin on i take echinichea (spelling?) and vitamin c. i never seem to get as bad as others. If it ever does get bad i don't fight it. Just settle in for hot honey tea and long sleeps. Dad would always eat an onion sandwich and sweat it out. I haven't been brave enough to try that.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws
   2149 - 111S - 90?
Cooks Cat Claw & Dual tooth setter
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger