The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Really Getting Stressed Out Now  (Read 3360 times)

Offline lumbertick

• Full Member x2
  • Timber savage!
Re: Really Getting Stressed Out Now
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 08:50:23 am »
My dad bought out Leonard Forest Products in 1996.. we starded by just have 4 self loading log trucks hauling wood.. Now we just have one self loader and a 2005 fabtek 133 procesor and a 2005 346B forwarder. Just me my dad and my brother run the stuff... At one time we had 21 people working for us.... the logging here in michigan took a [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] about 5 years ago... but it is really starting to come back now..if fuel wood just go back down to $.95 a gallon we would all be rich!

Offline lumbertick

• Full Member x2
  • Timber savage!
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 08:52:32 am »
Ive been in the woods 9 years my brother 7 years and my dad 36 years!

Online Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 04:47:50 pm »
Got it running and cut the first trees with it in almost six weeks.  It gets a real workout tomorrow.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Offline redprospector

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 07:36:19 pm »
Got it running and cut the first trees with it in almost six weeks.  It gets a real workout tomorrow.

Good deal!!!
Glad you got it going without having to wait 30 days. My Bobcat T320 has those solenoid/coil things to control the hydraulics, come to think of it, so does my Fecon FTX-90. I had one go out on my Bobcat last year, right after I had the engine rebuilt. I just knew my mechanic buddy had hooked something up wrong (but thankfully didn't accuse him of it  :D). We tried to figure it out for a few hours when another friend (who has a T320 also) came by and said to try swapping out the solenoids. I now carry a couple of spares to avoid down time, hopefully that will make it where none of them ever quit again.
I'll have to order a couple for the Fecon too, now that I just realized it has them too. Everything else I have is old enough that I don't have to worry about electronics, other than a tach or 2.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 11:53:54 pm »
Red, how many hours did your T320 have on it when you had to rebuild the engine?
Too many irons in the fire

Offline redprospector

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 12:23:32 am »
Red, how many hours did your T320 have on it when you had to rebuild the engine?
About 1200.  :(
Not sure what happened, one of the valves turned loose, dropped down and took out a piston. I could have replaced the piston and re-done the head, but you have to pull the engine to replace the piston so it's not that much more to do it right and rebuild the whole thing.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Offline Paul L

• Member*
  • Equipment mechanic
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 01:22:55 pm »
I know this is an old thread, but just in case anybody else is looking for these coils, Parker made the S8LDD012 connector obsolete, there is some new old stock floating around but it's expensive, the suggested replacement is Parker #CCS012D which is widely available and cheap.

Online Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 01:51:06 pm »
Yup, that's the #.  Another one failed and I ended up getting one from Cat and that got me the Parker # as well.  Discount Hydraulic Parts had/has them for less than half Cat's price.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom