The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Stihl 2 and 1 Sharpener  (Read 336 times)

Offline 123maxbars

• My Business Page
Stihl 2 and 1 Sharpener
« on: November 08, 2017, 03:56:17 pm »
After years of mixed results I was introduced to the Stihl 2 and 1 Chainsaw sharpener. After the first use my dull chain now cuts with factory sharp accuracy. Made a short video showing the tool. Hope this helps some of you that struggle with sharpening your saws. Any other members using this tool for sharpening?

Offline RKnee68

• I'm new!
Re: Stihl 2 and 1 Sharpener
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:06:12 pm »
I got mine last week, WOW what a difference.  Been running around for all the old chains.  New life
Always ready, what for?  Don't know

Offline Jesper Jepsen

• Owner of Mandoghus.dk
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 11:19:20 pm »
I have one with me when working in the forest if I need to sharpen a chain, normally I just change to another chain. I feel that it can be a little too aggressive on the rakers so it make the chain take a big chip but it sure is a nice and easy way to sharpen your chain.

Offline johnny newburgh

• I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 09:22:39 pm »
Do not want to be negative here but why are you using 30" bar cutting up logs? Looks like you where catching tip in the ground and that will dull you chains out hopefully it was just for demonstration of chain. I would also think it would be too aggressive on rakers but it is worth a shot. when I use a regular file I try to keep angle with mark on chain and also look at groove in chain where file sits and you should see a shiny clean cut where file went through. And it generally only takes 3-4 strokes unless you hit something like a rock and you need to go deeper to restore surface of cutting edge. Thanks for video