The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Woodmizer support equipment wanted  (Read 291 times)

Offline 1crowfarm

Woodmizer support equipment wanted
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:50:11 am »
I am interested in purchasing off bearer conveyer,transfer table ,edger with Diesel engine. Basically any support eq with the Woodmizer name on it.
Thanks

Offline Stuart Caruk

• Full Member x2
  • Woodmizer Stationary timber processing
Re: Woodmizer support equipment wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 06:57:27 pm »
I appreciatte the Woodmizer products, but.... for support stuff, it's way cheaper to fidn a surplus sawmill equipment dealer for log decks, transfer tables etc. Or, go visit one of the dozens of auctions when the mills close. My 5 strand green chain 16' long cost me a whopping $300 at auction. I cut it apart and use 3 strands as a log deck and 2 to move slabs away from the machine to an edger. Loads of support equipment sells for just above scrap prices.

If you choose accessories that are harder to remove, vs. out in the open, they typically sell for way less. Just don't buy stuff that requires a rigger to load out, unless you have deep pockets, or lots of patience.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker, Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Offline Luke_Eames

• Holland Timber Company
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 10:26:30 am »
I agree with Stuart.  I run a Woodmizer mill and edger and our next mill will be a Woodmizer.  All the other equipment is either Mellott, no name or custom fabricated.  Equipment can be pick up at actions for a quarter of the price and even cheaper if you're willing to put some work into it.  Another thing to consider, sticking with Woodmizer's equipment, you're limited to their layouts.  They do have nice drawings on how the finished lumber is moved around but nothing on scrap and those annoying little pieces that jam everything up.
Wood Mizer LT-40 HD
John Deere 301

Offline 1crowfarm

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 12:49:55 pm »
Thanks for the advice.
I've been watching the auctions and I imagine it's just a matter of time untill something comes along.
I would really like to have the belt and transfer table from Woodmizer if possible although before I purchase them new I'll break out the welder and torches and get to work.