The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Central Boiler Edge 750 Titanium  (Read 1753 times)

Offline superwd6

Re: Central Boiler Edge 750 Titanium
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 09:38:31 pm »
If you try to take spring off make sure plate balances flat when solenoid is open or they can close crooked ,not seal and boil the water. Mine done that so I just glued nut to plate so it stayed straight for proper close.quite a few 2300 users done the paper clip to hold plate up ,give it air and keep coal bed hot but I didn't need to.

Offline superwd6

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 09:42:50 pm »
Make sure that solenoid is getting proper voltage it's rated for as low voltage could burn them to

Offline Logging logginglogging

• I'm new!
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 08:34:05 am »
Hey Super, yeah, i tested voltage and all was good. The old 2300 paperclip mod is what originally gave me the wire idea. But anyway.... It ran all last night with the grease and i left it to run all day today so we will see.

Offline Roger2561

• Love the outdoors
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 06:45:18 am »
Logging - It's been a few days since you last posted, I'm wondering how your Edge 750 is behaving itself these days?  Anymore trouble with solenoids burning out?  Roger

Offline overclocking

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 10:47:55 pm »
With your "fix", won't it allow for air to enter the fire box during idle time perhaps even causing the water temp to creep a bit?  What's the purpose of the spring on the primary solenoid?  I have an E-Classic 1400 with a similar style of air intake set up but there is no spring to hold it down on the solenoid opening only it's weight does it.  I'm wondering what would happen if the spring was to be removed, if it were to make any difference in operation, essentially taking some of the load off the solenoid thus lessen the chance of it "sticking" to the elbow?  Just some thoughts.   Roger

Not to side track, but in response to your comment Roger I actually added those springs to my 1400. Its interesting that now the new models have them. I thought I was just "rigging" mine to stop it from eating up solenoids, turns out there must have been some need for it. On mine the spring I added is actually what saves them from melting when in the up position too long.

Also, even when my solenoids burned out they always got stuck open and the boiler never overheated. It did consume much more wood however and the temp did idle higher.