The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Madison, Wisconsin  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Crusarius

• Lost in....
    • RockModified.com
Re: Madison, Wisconsin
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 07:12:30 pm »
I think right now the plan is to go straight to madison grabbing a room for the night somewhere in the middle. then on the way home stop and visit ppl. anybody want me to visit?

I do have all day tuesday and the morning of thursday I am going to have to entertain myself and a 2 year old boy. I have no idea how I am going to do that.
I knew what I thought I meant.

Offline Grizzly

• I wanna go camping!
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 09:39:56 pm »
I had my dad to show me how when he had my older nephews, but this I learned from him. Entertaining children is easy. Very easy, but requires a humility. When I am with little children those family that are with me say how embarrassed they are but the little children and those watching are having a good time. Get down on your hands and knees someday and check out how our world looks like to a little child. It's awesome and very entertaining. We just gotta relax and play along like we're not much older. Sorry for preaching but little ones are so easy. Not like teenagers!! Anyway, enjoy your time with your lad. It'll never repeat itself.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws
   2149 - 111S - 90?
Cooks Cat Claw & Dual tooth setter
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Offline Crusarius

• Lost in....
    • RockModified.com
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 09:07:56 am »
Grizzly thanx for the advice. I have done that before. One of the best things to give a kid is a cheap digital camera. It's amazing some of the things they take pictures of.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 09:31:42 am »
A 2 year old!!
Got a ball and a place to roll-throw it? Playground? Just walk. I had a niece and I use to take her for about 4-5 hours on Saturday. I could even bring her back dirty.  ;D That took a while for Mom to understand the dirty part. Man,couldn't she talk on that age.  ;D  I use to tell her,You just talk to hear yourself talk.   ;D    But she and I had alot of fun. I really just let her do what she wanted,as long as she could not get hurt,and she had fun with me and I had fun with her. She could ask some questions too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline samandothers

• Senior Member x2
  • Been learning on FF since 1/20/12
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 10:51:59 am »
My DIL and son use a phone app something like Road Trip or such and they have enjoyed what it has presented to them.

Offline Crusarius

• Lost in....
    • RockModified.com
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 10:50:32 pm »
Well we spent roughly 10 hours driving today. Made it to Howe Indiana. Chilling at best western plus then will continue in the morning.

Kid did awesome. We stopped in Erie Pa at the peninsula and had lunch. Kid did not care for splashing waves.

Think we have 4.5 hours left tomorrow.

Offline Crusarius

• Lost in....
    • RockModified.com
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 07:10:30 pm »
Made it to the room. fought through the insane firewall and finally got in. Now the real fun begins. What to do with a 2 year for 4 days.

Actually its not bad. Think I have tuesday covered wednesday will be going to childrens museum. Then Thursday morning I need to figure out what to do and thursday afternoon probably going to go to rock lake.

The F-150 was kinda squeamish driving into the parking garage.

Offline Crusarius

• Lost in....
    • RockModified.com
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 02:12:22 pm »
So I spent all day tuesday with beenthere. The kid had a ball and I am pretty sure him and his wife were very happy to have him there.

Wedensday we spent most of the day at the childrens museum and then paroused the capital building on the way back to the hotel. There is a some really great history in that building. And amazing architecture.

Thursday I took the kid for a walk down minona lake outside the hotel. And now he is snoozing while I am thinking about quiznos :).

So far has been a great trip. Will be leaving friday around noon and heading out. I don't have to work till monday so we are going to take our time on the way home and maybe do the tourist thing.

Offline Crusarius

• Lost in....
    • RockModified.com
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 03:14:10 pm »
Made it home safe last night just before midnight. Great trip. Thanx to everyone for the suggestions. I really wanted to do all the things but the kid and I already ran all over the place going crazy.

Was a great trip. Definitely look forward to the next one.

Offline Bert

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 12:42:09 pm »
I probably just missed you or maybe crossed paths at Presque Isle and didnt know it. Its a 3 hr drive for me.  I was there with the family in that time frame. Im not from that area but try to go every few months. Small world :)
Saw you tomorrow!

Offline Crusarius

• Lost in....
    • RockModified.com
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 12:56:02 pm »
yea, we hit it on the way out and on the way back. The way back was the festival. That was a mistake.