The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Comstock Logging

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: 1963 Farmall 706  (Read 638 times)

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
1963 Farmall 706
« on: February 04, 2017, 06:40:02 pm »
I understand the terms  :)

While taking pictures of the forwarder I decided to sell the 706 too.  It's 1963 model.  It runs, smokes some, starts hard, has one almost new BKT rear tire, the other is round and holds air.  Front tires are good.  The head gasket is blown.  It's an external leak on the back corner of the block.  I've heard they were known for this.  No oil get's in the coolant, no coolant gets in the oil.  It'll miss until it warms up.  We ran the Corley with it a year ago last fall.  It did very well.  All the glass is good in the cab and the cab is solid.  It has a heater but it's rotted out.  2 point fast hitch and I have the adapters to make it a 3 point.  Shifters a bit loose like they all are but it works.  Torque Amplifier does work or it did.  I rarely used it round baling but it did work.  I tried to save it ;) ;D  We used it a few years haying but retired from that a while back.  I've got a 10' pull type Bush Hog that I used behind it a couple years.  I've got the side panel and the grill in garage.  The split wheel weights don't go with it but I'll throw in two pairs of solid weights.  The tires don't have fluid in them.  It's really too big for what we do know so it can go down the road.  Make me an offer I can't refuse  ;D ;) :) 8)  In a week I'll list it on Craig's List.

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom