TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Wood Processing equpment. Splitters, Processors, Conveyors

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Comstock Logging

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: C4D Tree Farmer Forwarder  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
C4D Tree Farmer Forwarder
« on: February 04, 2017, 06:16:40 pm »
I've read and understand the terms  :)

I've decided to part with my C4D Tree Farmer forwarder.  I'm unsure of the year but have been told it's a late 80's model.  I've had it 7 or 8 years.  It's got a Hood loader, 4 cyl. Deutz diesel, low hours on the clutch, pressure plate and assorted parts, the tranny was rebuilt at the same time.  It runs fine and starts good.  It's a little rough when it first fires up but clears up and runs with no smoke.  One tire is a brand new Advance.  The other three are Firestones with good tread.  All are forestry tires.  I have the doors for the cab and the dash metal.  It needs a new exhaust donut.  The exhaust is a bit cobbled.  It consumes donuts gaskets.  I know what I was going to do to fix it right.  The center pins are loose.  I've seen worse.  It's got some leaks.  The brakes don't work.  They haven't for years.  It needs the steering/blade valve resealed.  The blade leaks down and the steering is weak.  We've resealed it before and it fixed that issue.  The engine oil pressure gage works 8)  It carries good pressure.  The rest of the gages don't.  The main pin on the boom will need attention.  The boss/bearing whatever it's called where the pin goes through the side plate needs to be redone.  The pin broke once upon a time and bent the plate and took out the bushing/bearing thing and it was made to work after that.  It did for a long time and still does but before it goes back to the woods it needs to be addressed.  It doesn't have a bucket hanging on it now.  I took the continuous rotator bypass bucket off and put it on my 132 Franklin.  The Franklin 180 degree rotation butt bucket goes with the machine.  I was going to put the bucket on it.  I haven't gotten there yet.  It has a newer Prince hydraulic pump from Surplus Center.  I think it's 18gpm.  It has good hydraulic power.
  I was going to keep it as a spare machine but I'm looking to be done with logging before this time next year.  I was going to keep it and make a maple sap hauler out of it 8) 8)  I've been keeping it around for spare tires more than anything.  They're the same as my Franklin takes 18.4X26.  It hasn't been used in the woods in about a year.  I pulled my gooseneck around with it some this fall and did a little blade work around the farm.  We put a ball on to pull the dump trailer out the job a couple falls ago.  Works good 8) 8)       
  It's time for it to go down the road.  I can use the capital elsewhere.  I don't need to sell it.  I don't need it anymore and want other things ;) ;D  Asking price is $12,000.00.  It's not perfect and needs some TLC but it's a good start :)  It'll be on Craig's List a week from now :)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
Re: C4D Tree Farmer Forwarder
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:42:29 am »
Make me an offer :)  The asking price isn't set in stone by any means  :) ;) ;D

Offline newoodguy78

• Full Member x2
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 01:04:57 pm »
Corley5, I'm not in the market for either of your machines that are posted. I just had to say your honest assessment of both of them is more than commendable. It's refreshing to see after dealing with a few people I've bought stuff from. Good luck with selling them, don't hesitate to mention some of their good points  :D ;D

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 03:49:57 pm »
Thank You 8)  I've had items misrepresented/issues covered up ect.  I don't want to do that to anyone.  I really don't like selling things just because of hidden issues that I wasn't aware of  ;D  Anyway with some TLC it's a good machine.  Hang a bucket on it, fix the boom pin, the exhaust leak, oil change and top off fluids and take it to the woods.  The rubber on it is worth quite a bit  :)

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 08:42:54 pm »

It's still here ;D  I used it a few times this winter to haul materials to the sugar bush, break a trail to get the Bobcat across the field with the tubing unspooler, and most recently pulled the F550 out when I slid sideways against a snow bank behind a pile of 100" firewood plowing snow.  Make an offer.  All I can say is no ;) ;D :)

Offline tacks Y

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 11:53:14 am »
How long is the bunk area? How long have you hauled on it? Thanks

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 12:46:32 pm »
Ten foot.  I've hauled as long as twenty but they need to be on butt first and have a short log on top to hold them down.  Only did that a couple times for a special order.  It'll haul sixteens with big end toward the cab without weighing them down.

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 03:00:50 pm »
That machine has a lot of potential for the money.
Too many irons in the fire

Offline tacks Y

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 07:47:12 am »
How heavy is this machine? Tires loaded? Thanks

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 08:16:35 am »
I have no idea how heavy it is.  Tires are not loaded.  To go on a regular flat deck trailer the front tires need to come off.  It's too high otherwise.  It hauls fine on a low boy.

Offline tacks Y

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 08:36:56 am »
I wish you were closer, 565 miles would be a trip. I love it up there to, if I make it that way this summer I will check to see if still available.

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 05:47:57 pm »
 8) smiley_thumbsup

The local guy that was interested and prompted me to list it in the 1st place is still kind of interested.  I also had an inquiry about it today at the SFI forum in Gaylord from someone who knows I've got it and haven't been using it. 

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 01:31:26 pm »
I just listed it on heavy equipment section of Northern Mi Craigslist.  We'll see what happens now ;D

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 01:57:12 pm »
I can't see it lasting long, I see similar machines in tight running order that the owners are asking $50k for. I would think yours, with $4-5k in maintenance and rebuilding, would be a heck of a deal for someone wanting to get into quality hardwood thins.

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 02:01:15 pm »
There's one on a lot in Da UP with a new Deutz that they're asking 27,500 for.  Lots of potential in mine :)

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 05:30:16 pm »
I agree ;)

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 04:47:54 pm »
Got a guy coming from Traverse City to look it over tomorrow afternoon  8) 8)  Hopefully it follows him home  ;) :)  He called within an hour of the listing on Craigslist.

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 02:33:30 pm »
  The interested party from Traverse never called again and fails to answer his phone or respond to the voice mail I left him so the 2nd guy on the list from Alpena is on his way and will be here around 4PM.  There's two more interested parties in line behind him 8)  one from Cheboygan and a guy from the other side of Wolverine.
  Of course there was the text supposedly from some military base in Mass. saying they'd take it send $$$ to PayPal and send a "mover" ;) :D  There was another inquiry wondering if I'd take payments or consider a rent to own arrangement because he couldn't get a personal loan.  Must have good credit  ::)

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Whittaker Farms
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 06:31:19 pm »
Busy afternoon 8) 8)  Tire kickers and phone calls no sale yet.  A guy says he's coming over Friday from Green Bay to take a look.  Offered to send me a grand to hold it for him. 

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 09:00:28 pm »
Busy afternoon 8) 8)  Tire kickers and phone calls no sale yet.  A guy says he's coming over Friday from Green Bay to take a look.  Offered to send me a grand to hold it for him.
  you take his grand then I come over with all  my cash waive it in front of you and you cant take it because you took a deposit then Friday he looks at it and says no now your out all the way around  I would not do that  first one with cash it goes down the road  with them