The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: BT-6870 built by two old guys  (Read 13039 times)

Offline Gearbox

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
Re: BT-6870 built by two old guys
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2017, 07:51:32 pm »
Repowered the processer today with a Predator 13 HP . The old Briggs was getting tired and couldn't pull to 2500 psi . I put a 12 in block in cross ways and it held right at 2500 . Ready start cutting for next years wood .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer and not near enough time

Offline hedgerow

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2017, 09:20:26 pm »
Gearbox
You will like that 13HP  motor I have one on a cord wood saw and it has a lot of hours on it and zero problems. I run 20/50 Mobil one in it.

Offline Gearbox

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2017, 09:17:48 pm »
I am running 5w 30 in it for 1 tank of fuel then I will switch to Mobil 1  0 w 30 . I run that in all my small engines .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer and not near enough time

Offline hedgerow

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2017, 04:04:12 pm »
Gearbox
I have had good luck using Mobil one in air cooled small engines. Have a Kohler 25 with a couple thousand hours on it and in 70 hour oil changes it never takes any oil. Have a 25 year old 16 Briggs twin  that I should have put a hour meter on it but didn't probably gets 200 hours a year on it and all I used in it is Mobil one change it twice a year and it doesn't use enough oil to add any between changes.

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2017, 06:37:38 pm »
Repowered the processer today with a Predator 13 HP . The old Briggs was getting tired and couldn't pull to 2500 psi . I put a 12 in block in cross ways and it held right at 2500 . Ready start cutting for next years wood .
one thing ill tell you about your motor is take that vent tube that comes out of the gas tank and goes to the back of the carb other wise when the tank vents in the sun it will fill the crank case up with gas and hydro lock it i got one on my walk behind concrete saw and could not figure out how the gas getting in the oil after 3 oil changes in one day   i was sitting there and heard a gurgling noise and found it took the line off the top of the tank and that little vent shot gas a foot or so out of it so mine has been on hooked for about 6 years now