The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Coffee??  (Read 10278 times)

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
Re: Coffee??
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2017, 07:51:27 pm »
MM, can't believe the pages this has run.  Here's mine.  Mr. Coffee, $16.88 one button on/off Wmart.  12 cup.  Morning after, enough to make a cup of left over, 2 minutes in the microwave.  In the mean time, pots in the sink filling.  Six scoops of Value Size Great Value Classic Roast, Medium Rich & Smooth.  380 Cup size/3 lbs.  My cup I ran in the microwave hold just under 2 cups.  I add the yellow pretend sweetener from Wmart. w/Wmart powder creamer.  Yes I use throw away filters.  Takes about 10 minutes to run the 12"cups claimed of brew.  By my measure of almost 2 cups, 6 real cups or mugs of coffee to the beaker.  Though not included filter/sweetner/creamer close to .13 cents for almost two cups of my style flavored coffee.  I usually drink three cups, wife two which leaves enough for the morning rebrew in the microwave while I prep the next pot. Eat your heart out Ripoffbucks. :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Offline grouch

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm recyclable!
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2017, 09:17:58 pm »
It's a drip coffee pot like a Mr. Coffee, and as simple as she can find. 12 "cups" (I'm pretty sure they mean 6 oz. cups, not standard) with 4 level scoops (don't know the standard there) of Folgers or Maxwell House or whatever she buys.

I get 1 mug per pot; she gets the rest simply because she's faster than I am. Neither of us can stand scorched coffee, so it goes into two insulated carafes (sp?) as soon as the pot's done. Whoever gets the last mug, starts another pot. My mug is an insulated thing that my son got for me. It keeps the coffee hot enough to drink for at least as long as it takes me to drink it. She has an identical mug but rarely uses it -- prefers ceramic. Black; no doctoring.

About 24 oz for me before breakfast; about 1 qt for her. Neither of us without a cup for long throughout the day and night. Probably 5 - 8 pots per day.
Find something to do that interests you.

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2017, 09:44:13 pm »
 :o I would be like Elmer Fudd on helium if I drank that much coffee. When I was on the road a lot it was a basic food group but I had to back off due to health issues, it accelerated a congenital tremor. It's now two cups of Melitta as it comes from the pot in the morning, I seldom drink any the rest of the day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline grouch

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm recyclable!
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2017, 11:18:59 pm »
She just told me it's a lot more than 5 - 8 pots a day.

Maybe tasmanian devil on helium instead of Elmer?

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2017, 08:51:54 am »
Do you also have revolving doors on your bathrooms?   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2017, 09:42:04 am »
The office girls bought me 20 pounds of Costa Rican beans so that's all I've been drinking. Normally I buy Folgers country roast.
Weekdays and Saturday I use a old style percolator. A full basket of grind and 10 cups of water. 1/2 and 1/2 with a bit of raw sugar.
Sunday's I use a 32 oz press and let the grind steep for 10 minutes.
Kubota L-4200, Ford 8N, S-10 4WD Beater truck, Chainsaw, Bush Hog, couple ATV's and 141 acres of trees I'm not sure what to do with but I sure do have fun and enjoy being in the woods!
The First 50 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Online LeeB

• Senior Member x2
  • proud to be a TEXAN in Arkansas
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2017, 02:17:40 pm »
Percolators are where it's at and I prefer a stove top one over electric and campfire over that. Having a double expresso right now in the biz lounge on my way home. This is kinda new for me. Normally I would be swigging whiskey. Two days ago I was heading home and doing just that. At some point and time while heading toward the plane I toppled over and smacked my head. Ended up in the hospital and now I am not so proudly sporting a black eye and several stitches. I've come to the conclusion that I have a problem and it's time for a change. Coffee it is for me. There, I've said it. First step.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, Ford 851 tractor, JD 3032 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton and 2005 1 ton Dodge 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2017, 02:22:58 pm »
You quit smoking then lost half a ton of weight. My moneys on you beating this my friend! thumbs-up thumbs-up
Kubota L-4200, Ford 8N, S-10 4WD Beater truck, Chainsaw, Bush Hog, couple ATV's and 141 acres of trees I'm not sure what to do with but I sure do have fun and enjoy being in the woods!
The First 50 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Offline grouch

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm recyclable!
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2017, 05:01:05 pm »

Nope, but there are places where I don't have to use the weed whacker any more. ;)

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2017, 05:38:34 pm »
Wow Lee, realizing it, saying it, and taking that first step makes you a hero in my book.  I am counting on you to follow through, and I know that you can. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline JB Griffin

• sawn 1.2 million bdft and counting on Baker sawmil
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2017, 05:50:32 pm »
Good for you Lee, they say that the first step is the hardest so it should all be down hill from here :D. Seriously, you can do it.

This time of year it iced coffee for me. Folgers black silk 12oz, raw milk 12oz, concentrated stevia powder maybe a 1/8 teaspoon and lots of ice. Drink twice a day for entire summer.
2000 LT40HYDD33-RA, '70's era 2500, '96 F-250 7.3 PSD 4x4, 350 Husky, CS-590 Echo

1.2 million bdft sawn with a Baker mill and counting.

Offline Al_Smith

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Northwestern Ohio in the center of a giant corn field
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2017, 06:20:49 am »
Breakfast of champions,Wheaties and Budweiser---but not for me.Two cups in the morning before I shove off for work then maybe 4 the rest of the day .Whatever is on sale,Folgers ,Maxwell House .I have Green Mountain ,Starbucks and 8 o'clock for my lady friend also have a grinder .Mine is strong and black,her ladyship prefers some coffee mate to tone it down a tad bit .Mr Coffee at the present but I have 4 Bunns needing seals in the garage plus a commercial Bunn .

Offline Al_Smith

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Northwestern Ohio in the center of a giant corn field
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2017, 06:27:21 am »
I thought this little ditty was cute regarding coffee:   As I sat down one evening,
   was in a small café
A forty year old waitress to me
   these words did say

I see you that you are a logger
   and not just a common bum
'Cause nobody but a logger
   stirs his coffee with his thumb

My lover he was a logger,
   there's none like him today
Well if you'd pour whiskey on it
   well he'd eat a bale of hay

He never used a razor
   to shave his horny hide
He'd just drive them in with a hammer
   then he'd bite them off inside

My lover he came to see me
   was on a freezing day
He held me in a fond embrace
   that broke three vertebraes

Well he kissed me when we parted
   so hard that he broke my jaw
And I could not speak to tell him
   he forgot his mackinaw

I saw my lover leaving
   sauntering through the snow
Well going grimly homeward
   at forty eight below

Wll the weather tried to freeze him
   it tried its level best
At a hundred degrees below zero
   why, he buttoned up his vest

It froze clean through to China
   and it froze to the stars above
And at a thousand degrees below zero
   it froze my logger love

And so I lost my lover
   and to this café I come
And here I wait till someone
   stirs his coffee with his thumb

Offline POSTONLT40HD

• Senior Member x2
  • G29
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2017, 02:53:49 pm »

:D :D :D
I'm thinking......

Offline gww

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2017, 06:40:40 pm »
Al Smith
Mr Coffee at the present but I have 4 Bunns needing seals in the garage plus a commercial Bunn .

I am still using a bun.  I have patched a few of them.  My uncle called them up and talked/griped at them cause you can't even buy that little washer that goes bad on all buns and so now he refuses to own one cause he says they know about the problim and it happens on all buns but they won't even make the part av availible.  I have patched a few of them with short term fixes.  I keep it on 24 hours a day. 

Magic, I can not speak for anyone else but no, I do not have revolving doors on my bathroom but I do have a pretty good patch of dead grass and when the wether is just right it pays to be standing up wind from it ;).
Cheers
gww

Offline Woodcutter_Mo

« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2017, 11:09:14 pm »
 I've cut back on my coffee usage, I make a 6 cup (half a typical coffee pot) but still use the same amount of coffee. I have a cup or 2 in the morning and call it good. I'm still on the Folgers black silk, columbian, or french roast. As always with a little milk or cream. I switch every time I buy it.
 Today I tried some Yuban that a relative had brewed up today, with a splash of fresh Dexter milk it was pretty good. Nice for a change I guess. :)
-Sawmill- WoodMizer LT25, Kohler, all manual, old "drag" style WoodMizer sharpener, cat claw single  setter
-Saws- Husqvarna 372XP X-Torque, 455 Rancher X-Torque, Stihl 024AV
-Wood haulers- Kioti DK45 w/FEL, '92 Dodge Cummins with bale/dump bed, '07 Honda Rancher 420

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2017, 06:52:50 am »
LeeB,yes you said it. Now beat it. And beat it good. Your friends and family will like that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline joeziz

• I'm new!
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2017, 01:17:21 pm »
I recently started taking my coffee with almond milk as I am trying to cut down on dairy and wow have I been missing out, it tastes much better. i also heard that the hazelnut kind is even creamier so I may give that a go as well