The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Coffee??  (Read 10271 times)

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
Coffee??
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 am »
The second cup, how much do you drink?  Black or doctored?  Mine is straight up with no sweetener or dairy.

When I worked for the man, there was the morning and afternoon coffee breaks.  Now it's my cup in the morning after breakfast and rarely any after that.  Sundays are different because I generally sip a cup in the afternoon.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Dakota

• Swing'en in South Dakota
Re: Coffee??
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:39:25 am »
2 cups in the morning, one in mid-afternoon, teaspoon of honey and a dash of 1/2 and 1/2.
Dave Rinker

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:14:03 am »
2, 20oz cups of percolated coffee in the morning with raw sugar and real cream.
Kubota L-4200, Ford 8N, S-10 4WD Beater truck, Chainsaw, Bush Hog, couple ATV's and 141 acres of trees I'm not sure what to do with but I sure do have fun and enjoy being in the woods!
The First 50 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Offline pineywoods

• Senior Member x2
  • Engineering analysis-just sittin thinkin about it
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:28:59 am »
Coffee and the forestry forum go together. I have a cup while I read the forum before breakfast. Another cup with breakfast. We have one of those fancy K-cup machines, I get two good cups of coffee from one of the little foil packets...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club

Offline rjwoelk

• countrysidefirewood
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 11:03:33 am »
I have my read with my breakfast,  red river cereal,  coffee sugar and a dash of milk.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 12:17:14 pm »
I won't start my day without it,straight off the pot no milk or sugar. It was a basic food group when I was on the road for the logging company, minimum 6-8 cups a day, but I paid for it with stomach problems. Now two in the morning and seldom any after that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 12:23:03 pm »
When I worked for the man(some say I was against him from the start), I would have a cup at home to get my heart started, then pick up a 20oz cup on the way to work.  I had my own coffee maker in my office and would kill 2 pots during the day.  Picked up beer on the way home.  I was a real health nut.  :D :D

Now I'm down to 3 or 4 cups in the morning and one in the afternoon.  Thinking about installing a rollup door in the spare room so I can load the beer in with the forklift.  ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Offline LeeB

• Senior Member x2
  • proud to be a TEXAN in Arkansas
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 12:43:39 pm »
You almost had me worried Dan. I thought you were going to tell us you gave up beer.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, Ford 851 tractor, JD 3032 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton and 2005 1 ton Dodge 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Offline Jeff

• Lead Administrator and Founder
  • Administrator
  • Proverbs 13:20
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 12:56:05 pm »
We have a Mr. Coffee, $20 coffee maker that makes 12 cups according to whats on the pot. My cup must hold more that that.  Tammy takes some out to put in her creamer in the morning, and I drink the rest, trying not to drink any past say 2pm or so. I drink mine black. 3 scoops in the filter for the pot is the strength.  Those pots last about 6 months and they slow down. We clean it a couple times with vinegar, 6then chuck it and go in the other room and get a new one. Next time we are at Wally world, we buy another spare.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Bottle Washer.

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 02:06:42 pm »
1 scoop per cup for me.
used to drink it black but my stomach put a stop to that years ago.
Kubota L-4200, Ford 8N, S-10 4WD Beater truck, Chainsaw, Bush Hog, couple ATV's and 141 acres of trees I'm not sure what to do with but I sure do have fun and enjoy being in the woods!
The First 50 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Offline davemartin88

• Full Member x2
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 05:57:04 pm »
2 cups in the morning, fresh ground coffee with sugar and half and half. Once or twice a week I'll have a cup in the afternoon.

Offline Dave Shepard

• Senior Member x2
  • Geometrically proportional
    • My homepage
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 06:02:01 pm »
We have a Mr. Coffee, $20 coffee maker that makes 12 cups according to whats on the pot. My cup must hold more that that.  Tammy takes some out to put in her creamer in the morning, and I drink the rest, trying not to drink any past say 2pm or so. I drink mine black. 3 scoops in the filter for the pot is the strength.  Those pots last about 6 months and they slow down. We clean it a couple times with vinegar, 6then chuck it and go in the other room and get a new one. Next time we are at Wally world, we buy another spare.

:D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Offline sandsawmill14

• Senior Member x2
  • love my job (most days)
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 06:10:35 pm »
a couple cups in the morning just coffee with a little water ;D
hudson 228, timberking b20, s&w 125 ,lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 07:36:40 pm »
Black,2-3 in the morning with my eggs and the FF.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline pabst79

• The irons have melted
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 07:54:51 pm »
In the summer 2 cups in the morning and 1 with lunch, as it gets colder I drink it all day and usually 1 after dinner. 1/2 caff black, no more high test these days. The K cups are fun but expensive, coffee from a perc pot is the best tasting but hotter that Hades.  smiley_devil
4th Generation Plumber/Fitter who moonlights in too many hobbies to master any, 2 little girls are a blessing and ensure that a new mill may be a few months...years away.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 09:16:48 pm »

My little Hamilton Beach coffee maker uses pods (as shown below the cup) and makes one cup.  26 cents per cup.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 09:20:43 pm »
I always (most times) have my coffee straight up, nothing added, but on rare occasions, I'll add a good helpin' of instant cocoa!

My day starts with coffee and the FF for about an hour, then I'll migrate to the kitchen and fix my eggs, bacon & toast, and have a second cup of coffee.

If I hang around the house, I'll usually have another couple of cups!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF (1989), Retired School Bus Driver (2012), and now a Mobile Sawyer
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG2425 Kohler - Shingle & LapSider
Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain the Wood-Mizer.
I LOVE MY SAWMILL

Offline LaneC

• P.M. Lodge # 111
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 11:25:37 pm »
 I like a good bit of honey in mine, with a shot of milk or creamer just to keep it from burnin the hair off your tongue :D (I know I misspelled burning)
Man makes plans and God smiles

Offline 4x4American

• Senior Member x2
  • Team red, white, blue and orange
    • Website Link
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 11:33:59 pm »
I used to drink my coffee black but I read some articles about it being hard on your stomach (can help ulcers form) and teeth (making em brown) so I add a spot of whole milk, and maple syrup in the colder months (not aunt jemimah's either :D )
Boy, back in my day..

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 05:25:05 pm »
   2 mugs black each morning. For some reason the "official" size for coffee markings on the pot are for 6 oz cups while most mugs are 12 oz so if the pot says 8 cups you will only get 4 mugs.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, JD 2355 4X4 w/fel, JD 620, Yamaha Kodiak 400 & trailer, Kubota 400 RTV,  P&M OWB, 75 acres to play.