The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: New Fifth Wheel  (Read 8432 times)

Offline mometal77

Re: New Fifth Wheel
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 02:32:11 am »
Nice looking trailer.  Surprised not to see a bumper sticker saying my other vehicle/toy is a sawmill. :D Now all you need is a pole building with a steel roof. If i ever do it again gonna get an airstream all aluminum.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets...I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2015, 07:43:34 am »
how is it towing
Thanks, I have only towed this one for about 550 miles, but so far, so good.  I was pleased.  We will get a real trip under our belts the end of July and first part of August.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 10:31:08 pm »
One thing always lead to another (or two).  I have two "S" turns to back through to park the new RV under the shed.  Yes, it can be done but not without running a wheel off of the pavement, first on one side and then on the other.  After 20 years those old landscape timbers have rotted anyway, so it looks like a pavenent expansion is in my future.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 11:35:30 pm »
Congratulations, you should have a lot of fun with it. I am surprised to see a short unit with a slide, sure wish ours had one. Just make sure the first one into bed doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 07:35:34 am »
We had that situation with both the motorhome and the truck camper.  This one has a "North/South" queen bed so there is no crawling over.  ;D

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2015, 09:16:35 pm »
  I recently looked at some slide in truck campers and many of them now have slides and have the bed oriented front to back so that you enter from the foot end of bed without climbing over each other, although I remember when that was fun  ;).
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, JD 2355 4X4 w/fel, JD 620, Yamaha Kodiak 400 & trailer, Kubota 400 RTV,  P&M OWB, 75 acres to play.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2015, 10:16:54 pm »
Yup, and some of those Lance's, etc, are heavy and expensive.   :o

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 08:12:21 am »
Yup, and some of those Lance's, etc, are heavy and expensive.   :o

My truck, F450, don't mind heavy and you can't take the money with you. Look at the Lance 1172, nothing like the slide ins I had in the 80s.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, JD 2355 4X4 w/fel, JD 620, Yamaha Kodiak 400 & trailer, Kubota 400 RTV,  P&M OWB, 75 acres to play.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 08:44:19 am »
There is no question that a Truck Camper is one of the easiest and most maneuverable camper styles available.  That is why we kept the Outfitter.

Offline nmericle53

• I'm not new anymore!
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2015, 10:33:54 pm »
Nice ride...both of them. I know you had them match the colors to your truck. Maybe we will get to see it in Michigan 2015.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

Offline DR_Buck

• Senior Member x2
  • Nuff said.....
    • Got Logs?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 11:16:29 pm »
Nice looking rig MM.   5th wheels are great towing compared to bumper pull.   We thought about bringing ours to the Pig Roast, but haven't had it out yet this year and don't want to go that far on the 1st trip of the season.   
Hidden Acres Farm
I got a shotgun, a shovel backhoe and 57 acres!

Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:42 am »
Nice looking rig MM.   5th wheels are great towing compared to bumper pull.   We thought about bringing ours to the Pig Roast, but haven't had it out yet this year and don't want to go that far on the 1st trip of the season.   

That's what we are doing for our first trip of the year, the truck has been used regularly.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 09:42:16 am »
Nice ride...both of them. I know you had them match the colors to your truck.
Thanks.  Actually there was no effort to match truck/trailer colors.  When we visited the factory a month earlier and spec'ed ours out, we as well as the manufacturer noticed how well the colors matched and commented on it.

We are getting anxious to GO.   :)

Offline SawyerBrown

• Senior Member x2
  • If you're gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough!
    • Saw It There
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 08:01:23 am »
Nice looking outfit, sir!  Assume it has all the amenities (toilet, shower, kitchen, etc) ...

Just curious if the truck is your "business truck"?  Mine gets loaded with "stuff", including sawdust in every nook and cranny!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 08:33:03 am »
Assume it has all the amenities (toilet, shower, kitchen, etc) ...
Thanks.  Yup, everything.

Yes, that is my work truck.  Well, it is my only truck.  I had to replace the "bed" tool box with one that is flush with the top of the truck bed.  The 5th wheel hitch (all or part) is easily removed leaving only the rails, so the area inside of the bed is not compromised.

The problem with the "Truck Camper" was that everything including the tool box and tail gate had to be removed to use it.  That wound up being a half day dreaded job.  Then when I put it all back, nothing was ever in the right place or fit properly.  I kept the Truck Camper, but it will only be used on Colorado hunting trips.

Offline blackfoot griz

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 11:54:05 pm »
I sure hope  to see that here in Montana!
Your last visit was a whirlwind tour.  I will have to get hardtail John to influence your travel choices.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 03:01:16 pm »
He used that old horse trick once, so something different will have to be tried.   ;D  :D

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2015, 05:09:45 pm »
I installed the "backup" camera on the camper today. 

The screen/monitor covers the CD slot which is something the we have never used anyway.  It is attached with "industrial" Velcro, so it can be easily removed when not needed.

I attached the camera and transmitter to the refrigerator louver and routed the wiring through the louver where I had easy access to 12vdc.

I can now see if ah Goat is following me.

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »
 :D :D :laugh: :laugh:

Online beenthere

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2015, 09:32:08 pm »
I'm thinking that will come in very handy quite often. smiley_thumbsup

Which brand did you get?
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others