The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Workshop opportunities in Holiday Fl (flexible dates) Lots of handtool work  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Jayson

• Full Member x2
  • "A timber frame touches the spirt of all who lay t
Well, I've been sitting on a little pile of wood and I think I know what I'm gonna do with it. We'll be working air dried rough sawn cypress and the joinery is very staight forward. The structure will be a flat roof pergola designed to carry a living roof and perhaps living walls. You can come for a day or for the whole project. Plenty of hands on opportunities,  from snapline square rule layout to hand planing all the timbers.
There will also be some of the techniques used in modern production shops like building chainsaw jigs and router work if you're interested in those or think you may want to go into professional  itinerant work. We will address the pros and cons of the different layout methods and where you can find the info you need to pursue your preference.
     I have references and 12 years full time experience in the field and the tools that go along with that.  Shoot me a message if you're interested and we will hammer out the details.
Thanks,
Jayson Wilson

Offline sc200345

• Member*
  • I'm new!
Great idea!

I learned more in a few days from Jayson in North Carolina, than from any other TF work experience I've ever had - he is a patient teacher, and I should know, being a teacher myself.

Offline Jayson

• Full Member x2
  • "A timber frame touches the spirt of all who lay t
Yo dawg!  I have some some citrus branches that have you written all over them.  You coming down? The weather is getting good.  I haven't really done much but sort and mull over some details. Gotta lotta sharpening to do too but I think it's gonna be cool. Literally and figuratively. I've never done a living roof but I lucked into some tpo roofing and seems like a fun experiment  I need to do some more research on evaporative cooling. Taking baby steps.