The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Yellowstone  (Read 2147 times)

Offline NWP

• Nicholson Wood Products LLC
Yellowstone
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:37:04 am »
We're headed to Yellowstone tomorrow morning. 3 days in the Grand Teton NP then 4 days in Yellowstone NP. Looking forward to the cooler temps there. I've heard it's a great trip. Going to try to take our kids whitewater rafting one day. Any other suggestions other than seeing the sights?  Not really into hiking but I'm taking some fishing poles with us.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1994 Duratech HD8, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 1990 Peterbilt 378 w/ Hood 7000 loader, 2001 Chevrolet, 2005 Chevrolet, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Offline jdtuttle

• If it's worth doin, it's worth doin right
Re: Yellowstone
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:30:27 am »
Stop at the Firehole River for a swim. Center Loop Road, Yellowstone National Park, I lived in Bozeman Mt. for a few years & we used to go there after the bars closed. There are hot springs that flow into the river & lots of little pools to sit in. Nature's hot tub. If you like to fish, get a guide with a flat bottom river boat. My brother-in-law was a guide & it always amazed me how I only caught fish when I was with him.
jim
Have a great day

Offline Chris Burchfield

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:58:02 am »
Wife and I stayed in Cody, Wy when we went a few years ago.  The drive West into the park was just about as nice as the park.  We did get to see a mama bear and her cub by the lake.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Offline red

• Senior Member x2
  • we will never forget
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:45:05 am »
Www.Yellowstonenationalpark.com is 142 years old today
Country's Oldest Park
We have a lot of good boys and girls in harms way
lets all support them and their familys.

Offline Qweaver

• Senior Member x2
  • The cabin is done and we love it
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 11:20:16 pm »
We are going to stop in Yellowstone on our way back after Alaska.  Please post about your trip.  May give us some ideas.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Offline Carson-saws

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:42:03 pm »
California has its good and bads like anywhere else but the Titans sound fantastic.  The Wife has be as a child but I have not.  I would like to take the train out of Chicago and run across that entire section of this beautiful country.  Maybe I'll surprise her one day. 
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 08:09:10 am »
if you get any where near cody go to the buffalo bill historical center. and plan on most of the day there

Offline pine

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 02:35:48 pm »
California has its good and bads like anywhere else but the Titans sound fantastic.  The Wife has be as a child but I have not.  I would like to take the train out of Chicago and run across that entire section of this beautiful country.  Maybe I'll surprise her one day.

Not sure of your reference to California but the Grand Teton's are not in California nor is Yellowstone.  Are you thinking of Yosemite?

Offline Carson-saws

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 09:57:04 pm »
Forgot to mention taking the train part.  Would like to leave from Chicago to California but enroute stop at the Titans and where ever else the train route stops.  Seen this country many times from the air.  Drove to California twice but would like to take the train and be able to enjoy the views at "ground level".  Didn't mean to confuse and totally understand why it did. 
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Offline DDW_OR

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 11:26:37 am »
Link to another posting about Yellowstone

Beartooth Pass Snow
http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,90730.0.html
TimberKing 2000 & Talon Sharpener, Mahindra 5520 4x4, Max22 4x4, Bobcat Excavator 331, E80, Multitek 1610EZ
"let the machines do the work"

Offline ppine

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 10:15:04 am »
I have been going to Yellowstone since 1955. It is a great place, but it is being loved to death. May and Sept are the best months.  The crowds are large and wildlife jams have become a real problem. Get out an walk to see the real Yellowstone.

Cody is a wonderful place to visit. The WF Cody Museum is hard to beat. I like the Irma Hotel that he built as a place to have a few drinks and eat dinner.
Forester