The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Picture Posting on Forum Help  (Read 15901 times)

Offline UN Hooker

• Full Member x2
Re: Picture Posting on Forum Help
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 11:29:05 pm »
Yes, I created a new album "Woodshed",   I watched the video, but it's blurry and hard to see what your clicking on.   When I click on the pic. and then on open and when it goes back to the gallery page the pic.# DSCN0074 is not in the box but something like "C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Do"   this and I can't remove it and paste the pic. # in the box.
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

Offline Jeff

• Lead Administrator and Founder
  • Administrator
  • Proverbs 13:20
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 11:34:16 pm »
Nothing has changed. I just checked, You have lots of photos in your gallery and have been uploading photos for quite some time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Bottle Washer.

Offline UN Hooker

• Full Member x2
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 11:42:50 pm »
Yes, I think this is the way I uploaded them before but its not workin now. I think I'll let it rest for now and try it when my grandson is here.  UN
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 10:06:49 am »
UN hooker.I do no pasteing at all. This might confuse you more.  ;D
Plug in camera,download picture in my FF folder on my computor,go to My Gallery,click Upload File,select an album,browse in my FF folder,choose the picture I want,open it and it downloads and resizes it into what ever album I selected. I hope I did not leave a step out. This is it in a nutshell. I'm sure don't know what I am doing,but members helped me way back when.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline UN Hooker

• Full Member x2
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 02:20:06 pm »
Error
No file was uploaded!
If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

This is the error message I receive when I try to upload a photo.  I think I'm following all of the directions that are posted.  What server is this referring to? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 02:24:14 pm »
Are you trying to upload a ridiculously large photo?  Many of the camera and phones now can create huge photos. Odds are you have the photo size so large that even with the generous size we allow, it is too big.    New camera? New phone?

Offline UN Hooker

• Full Member x2
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 02:38:48 pm »
You are right, the picture was 7.0 MB on the new camera.  I re-sized it to 4.9 MB and it finally uploaded. Thanks for the advice, now I know what to do to upload the rest of the photos. 

Offline dean herring

• I'm new!
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 06:30:57 pm »
I need help posting pictures. I can't find the slide info. When I click on how to post photos it just takes me to posts about photos back in 2014
Thanks
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 07:36:22 pm »
Dean

Appears you don't have any pics in your gallery, not even in 2014.

So you need to add an album name in your gallery as a place to put your pics. Then upload them by clicking the line below that says "Click here to add Photos to post" and a new window pops up, choose which of your albums you want, and then browse your computer for your pics for uploading.
After that, when you click that line "Click here to add Photos to post", you will select "my gallery" from the menu and click on the pic you have already there, then scroll down below the enlarged pic for the "Insert image in post" button.

Let us know where this fails and we can get you more help.
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Offline dean herring

• I'm new!
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 09:20:04 am »
Thank you beentbere, will do
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Offline sstuartjones

• 4 feb 2014 I'm new!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2015, 04:45:58 pm »
wow, I really am hard headed, were it not for the video walk through, it would have taken me a few hours to decipher that one, but with the video walk through, I now have album's!
TimberKing 1600, Stihl 311, 71 Mach-1(just for fun)

Offline deepsouth.us

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 10:33:26 am »
I attempted to load a few pics into my gallery a moment ago. The album is entitled American chestnut. I'm trying to display pictures beginning with the hand hewed reclaimed beams, and ending with the finished product. Trouble is this album is showing several pics that do not belong to me. Is this a system error, or operator error? Please advise.
Timberking 2000

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 12:27:55 pm »
Looks like your album in your gallery only has your pics in it. There are 6 of them.

To put them in your post, then click the line below "Click here to add Photos to post" and a window will open, go to the menu list for "My Gallery" and you will go there. Click the pic you want, it will enlarge. SCROLL down a page or two below to see "Insert image in post" and answer "yes". Click the "preview" button to see that it is the one you want.
If the pic is turned wrong (happens when iPad or iPhone pics are taken vertical or upside down), then when there is an edit line below the enlarged pic to rotate it right-side-up.

And your pics of your kitchen show it off well. Good job with the decor, carpentry, and shelves.
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Offline deepsouth.us

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2015, 02:43:07 pm »
I'm good to go. Thank you!
And thanks for the kind remarks.
Timberking 2000

Offline kettlekorn

• I'm new!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 06:33:33 pm »

Here are the pictures of the "climb on" playground train as promised (I hope)  This is my first attempt of posting photos.
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 06:38:27 pm »
kettlekorn
Use the "Preview" button to see what your post looks like before hitting the "Post" button. That will help you know what is happening, or not happening.

Your pics are in your gallery. In fact, several duplicates.

Likely what you are missing, after clicking the "Click here to add Photos to post" a new window pops up, and you are not clicking the menu tab "My gallery" so end up uploading the pic again.
Click the "My gallery" menu tab and your pics will pop up. You can delete the duplicates if you have not already posted them at this time. Then click the one you want to post, it will enlarge. SCROLL down a page or two and you will see the "Insert image in post" (Image and Photo are synonymous) and answer the question "yes". That should do it for you.

Shout out if some part of this doesn't work for you.

Well done. Cute kids in the pics too...

south central Wisconsin

Offline waho

• I'm new!
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 03:40:17 pm »
How do you reconfigure Jpegs into something that will work?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2015, 04:26:49 pm »
You clearly are not using the photo uploader if you think jpg will not work.  You must be using the document uploader. Use the BIG BLUE BUTTON that says Click here to add Photos to post.

Offline 47sawdust

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2016, 05:50:47 pm »
If I have an album created on my computer that is relevant to the Forum,can I move the entire album to my gallery in one step or do I still have to upload pictures one at a time.
My most recent album was created using the multiple files choice.It was faster than one at a time,but I'm still learning and trying to streamline my process if possible.
Thanks for your help,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
    • THEE Forestry Forum
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 07:54:36 pm »
Absolutely not.  The gallery is only used for storing photos used in a post. If it is not in apost, it should not be in your gallery. Then, once it is in a post it must never ever be deleted.

The idea that it is relevant to the forum, is not a reason to upload it. Upload it, put it directly in a post. Easy as that.