The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: have started a blade route here in Mid TN  (Read 2766 times)

Offline just_sawing

• Making Split Rails Shingles and Sawing
have started a blade route here in Mid TN
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:14:06 pm »
Have been working with Sawyer Tools and have decided to start  a route with them. I am picking up blades basically south of interstate fourty Mid TN. I have found that if you don't have to worry about my blades on the mill and have them pick up weekly and delivered back as a route sure makes it simple. Since I have the Mill experiance (16 Years) it seems  to be a good fit to solve sawing problems.
My question is any of you have or thinking doing somthing like this. If so what hurdles have you seen?
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Offline just_sawing

• Making Split Rails Shingles and Sawing
Since I have to bein the Service section Here is My Service.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:21:33 pm »
I will pick your Blades in Middle Tn. I pick them up sharpen them and deliver them back to you the next week. My prices are better than your use to and I also have access to blades at very gppd rates.
Roy@royhaney.com
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Offline Bro. Noble

• In Memoriam
Re: have started a blade route here in Mid TN
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »
I think one problem with operations like many of ours would be finding the operator at home or at the mill.  Some of us only operate part time and others saw at the customer's site.

We have out carbide cutoff saw blades sharpened by a service like you are talking about.  They have a route service and offered to pick up and delover ours.  We told them if they didn't mind waiting,  we would drop one off when it needed worked on and pick it up the next time we were that way.  Sometimes it's a month,  but they don't seem to mind and we have spare blades.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Offline Okrafarmer

• Senior Member x2
  • Avast! Here appeareth some sweetgummery about....
Re: Since I have to bein the Service section Here is My Service.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:36:58 am »
I will pick your Blades in Middle Tn. I pick them up sharpen them and deliver them back to you the next week. My prices are better than your use to and I also have access to blades at very gppd rates.
Roy@royhaney.com

Roy, I may be interested in having you sharpen for us if I can't find anyone closer. I do drive through TN from time to time, and since we don't mill full time, the timing issue is not intense. I have a bunch of dull ones ready to go.
No matter how conventional wisdom may fly in the face of radical thought, it's still the most popular type.

Turbosawmill 8" cut GX390 Warrior Sawmill, 13hp Honda
MS290 Stihl

Genesis Hardwood Lumber

Offline federer

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 12:20:40 am »
I think one problem with operations like many of ours would be finding the operator at home or at the mill.  Some of us only operate part time and others saw at the customer's site.

We have out carbide cutoff saw blades sharpened by a service like you are talking about.  They have a route service and offered to pick up and delover ours.  We told them if they didn't mind waiting,  we would drop one off when it needed worked on and pick it up the next time we were that way.  Sometimes it's a month,  but they don't seem to mind and we have spare blades.

Its really impressive, i am searching for it.

Offline dant1969

• I'm doing it!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 11:43:42 pm »
how far west do you travel?  I am in the Memphis area.  If you do not service this area, can you suggest an alternate contact?
my name's not Tom, but I'm a "Sawyer"