The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Small Job Sawing, Leesburg, VA  (Read 3942 times)

Offline davemartin88

• Full Member x2
Small Job Sawing, Leesburg, VA
« on: October 26, 2008, 04:30:21 pm »
Recently retired and have a Woodmizer LT15 mill- located in Leesburg, VA- if you have a few logs you need milled, contact me via email and let's see if we can work something out- prefer to saw at my location, might consider sawing for a share of the wood if it's not oak but generally looking to make a few dollars to support my woodworking hobby! If you have a heirloom log, look to someone else but I've made a bit of usable lumber for myself so maybe I can help you out too, lol. I have a BobCat to handle the logs at my location and can saw up to a 16' length. Thanks for looking.

Dave Martin
davemartin88@gmail.com

Offline davemartin88

• Full Member x2
Re: Small Job Sawing, Leesburg, VA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:59:12 am »
Have a partner now and we're upgrading to a hydraulic  mill so if you're near Leesburg, VA and need sawing done at your location, let me know. Mill has been delivered and we're ready to go. Have some work already lined up and a lot of wood to cut where the mill will be housed but I'm still retired (I guess semi-retired,  ???) and have time to cut for you. Thanks.

Dave Martin
davemartin88@gmail.com

Offline davemartin88

• Full Member x2
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:56:27 pm »
Realize I'm talking with myself so far but new mill has arrived and been in use for a couple of weeks. Have my first portable job tomorrow (Thursday) and another one on Saturday- first time to really take the mill down and get it set up on my own, should be fun! Will be glad to get this first mill towing experience under my belt- first job is only about 15 miles away, the next one is a bit farther and will involve the DC beltway for those that know the area, talked the log owner in to letting me mill on Saturday so I didn't have to risk getting caught in rush hour traffic!

Dave Martin
davemartin88@gmail.com
703 727 7917

Offline WH_Conley

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to tide my profile!
    • Stone Hill Hardwoods
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 07:17:36 pm »
I have been on the beltway at rush hour, smart move. Don't know how you people deal with that traffic everyday.

Good luck on the sawing.
Bill

Offline davemartin88

• Full Member x2
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:54:12 pm »
Have done a couple of mobile jobs now so feeling better about the towing- no issue with the beltway travel, weekend travel was light and kept my speed to about 55 and let the traffic go by! I avoid the beltway when ever I can, think this was the first time I've used it for over a year but traffic in general is getting worse. We just bought 28 acres in West Virginia to build our retirement place and will be glad to get out of the build up but sure we'll miss having so many choices when it comes to shopping, etc.

Offline davemartin88

• Full Member x2
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 07:42:27 am »
Not sure if this entire thread can be removed but I have sold my mill and retired completely so no longer available in the n. Va. area for milling

Offline beenthere

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 07:57:27 am »
Dave
Modify your first post, to reflect the change. And I'm thinking you can also modify the subject title too.
Wish you the best on the retiring. Hope it goes well.
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others